The Shadow in the Warp is closing. New Tyranid creatures have been engineered. Here is the latest batch on the Tyranids.
Army-wide notes– No FOC and ally table changes
– Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
– Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
– All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
– Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
– The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
– Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.
– Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
– Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
– Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.
– Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
– Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.
I’d give this set a better than average shot of being truthful.
OMG, sign me up for a giant flying gribbly that GRAPPLES enemy flyers and tears them apart in assault. I’m all over that.
Dad, Gamer, Publisher. All games all the time since junior-high. I should go outside more...