Zoanthropes are powerful psykers, created solely to harness the psychic potential of the Hive Mind. By flexing the merest part of its mystical mind, a Zoanthrope can manifest this power in a variety of incredible, destructive ways.
This 80-piece plastic kit makes three Zoanthropes or two Zoanthropes and a Neurothrope.
This kit can alternatively be assembled as 3 Venomthropes.
A major tendril from Hive Fleet Leviathan pushes through the cold void towards the Shieldworlds of the Cryptus System. Loathe to abandon a key territory – especially one so close to the Blood Angels’ home system of Baal – the forces of the Astra Militarum and Adepta Sororitas prepare to defend the region with their lives.
Presented in a deluxe slipcase, this two-book set is brimming with all-new Warhammer 40,000 content.
Book one is a 152 page narrative book containing:
• A wealth of background describing how the Cryptus System became embroiled in conflict
• A blow by blow account of the key events of the invasion and the major battles
• Descriptions of famous regiments that took part in the conflict including their background, colour schemes and heraldries
• Brand new artwork showing the planets, space stations and environments found within the Cryptus System
Book two is a 64 page rulebook that enables you to play games set during the invasion of the Cryptus System:
• 6 new Echoes of War missions to test your mettle
• Cities of Death rules for fighting games of Warhammer 40,000 amongst the war torn streets of destroyed cities
• 6 Cities of Death missions and 36 tactical objectives
• Rules for Death From The Skies, allowing you to include fighter aces in your Warhammer 40,000 battles
• New Tyranids detachment rules and Warlord Traits to represent the composition of the forces of Hive Fleet Leviathan
• New Datasheets for the Mucalid Spore Cluster, Zoanthrope Brood, Maleceptor, Toxicrene, Tyrannocyte, Sporocyst and Mucolid Spore
• 6 new Tyranids formations
Invasion Swarms: Tyranids Painting Guide is a 144 page paperback painting guide for the Tyranids. Inside you will find four fantastic collections – The Skarok Swarm, The Court of the Nephilim King, The Jaws of the Magalodon and The Talon of Gorgo. Each collection is presented with a detailed background and history.
So Shield of Baal is VERY similar in layout and contents to End Times:Glottkin for those of you keeping track. I think GW has found itself a winner.