WFB 9th is creeping closer and the rumor drip drip drip continues. Here’s today’s round, straight from the rumormill!
via warseer’s silveralen 5-14-2015
I have more stuff about factions. Usual disclaimer, this is second hand stuff take with a grain of salt etc.
1. Empire Remmanents: Mainly humans, with some dwarfs, ogres, and vampires. Humans units tend towards elite holy warriors (focus on priests, Knights, and witch hunters). The dwarves are mainly steampunk flavored, some of which bleeds into the rest of the faction. Vampires tend towards the human aesthetic, ogres have elements of both.
2. Chaos: all three chaos armies mixed together.
The warriors/humans have the same general design as now, except more obvious demonic gifts. Winged units of warriors was mentioned as an example.
Beastmen will come in more flavors, for example reptilian and avian variations. Also a variety of more animalistic units.
3. Orks/Goblins: More or less the same. They get ogres as per end times.
Also, possible mention of dwarf slaves either as units or as justifcation for some steampunk elements in the army. So possibly a bit more 40kification of the army overall, including more squigs.
4. Skaven: two major changes. First, more warptech, notably more apparent in modeling if not in rules.
Second, lizardmen slaves apparently bound using magic/warptech and mutated.
5. Undead: End times undead. More feral in feel. Beyond that, nothing.
6. Elves: End times elves, slightly more unified in appearence, takes cues from all 3 armies. Nothing much else known.
The last two are possibly due to ignorance rather than an actual lack of changes.
I don’t know if any of this is really new besides a couple orc and skaven bits, some of it I read in the round up already but I just put it all down.
There is a lack of specificity in either individual miniature descriptions, or even Faction/Unit names which lowers the believability of this set. On the other hand, these faction descriptions are all roughly in line with previous rumblings we have been hearing from many other (including reliable) rumormongers over the last couple of months.
~Have at it.