It looks like GW has been talking all about the upcoming Battle for Vedros line for new 40K players. Come see:
We have already taken a look at the upcoming “Battle for Vedros” line a couple of weeks back.
ICV2 did some digging with GW corporate and got some answers…
The Exact Range
The full contents of the Battle for Vedros display are:
4 Battle for Vedros Starter Set ($49.99)
4 Battle for Vedros Paint Set (water based, $29.99)
3 Battle for Vedros Space Marine Attack Bike ($26.99)
3 Battle for Fedros Ork Wartrakk ($26.99)
3 Battle for Vedros Space Marines ($9.99)
3 Battle for Vedros Ork Boyz ($9.99)
3 Battle for Vedros Ork Gretchin ($15.99)
3 Battle for Vedros Space Marine Bike ($14.99)
Some key popints from the GW Toy Sales Commercial Manager:
- That entire set of items comes in a retail display with a wholesale price of $350 (45% off retail)
- The range has “push-fit models”
- No glue needed
- Specific range packaging and text designed specifically for the US & Canada market (lighter packaging and less overt violent text)
- Range is being sold into stores that have no previous GW presence.
- Aimed at kids aged 8 and up.
~These could be turning up almost anywhere. It will be interesting to see which new retailers GW starts popping up in.