George R.R. Martin is still clanking away at his keyboard, but HBO just revealed a trailer with a bunch of secrets…
Ok, so some ground rules – if you don’t like teasers, or little secrets from the teaser pointed out – then stop now…
On to the season 6 trailer! Some big things to point out:
Is Jon Snow Dead?
At the start of the trailer, he sure looks dead in the snow… and at the very end we see Davos apparently defending his body against someone off camera saying “I’ve never been much of a fighter. Apologies for what you’re about to see.” as he draws Jon’s sword.
Then we get a look at a battle in the North at 1:16 – get on that YouTube pause button – and see this:
Could be Jon Snow up and on a horse back there on the right – what do you think?
Ned Stark Returns?
Yes Ned has been dead for quite some time, but in flashbacks anything can happen. There are a couple of quick shots of some folks battling Targaryen soldiers. Note the figure on the far left of this shot at exactly 1:00. Take a closer look at the armor, hair and sword. That could be a young flashback Ned. I wonder what secrets that will reveal?
Bran – Watch Out!
There are some people you really don’t want standing behind you. Also Bran’s standing! What’s with that? A new vision perhaps?
Cercei gets the best line of the video: “I choose violence.”
It looks like there is going to be an ugly fight between the High Sparrow’s zealot-goons and Cercei’s zombie-The Mountain uber-goon! That should be entertaining…
There are so many more, where to begin…
- Jaime returns to Kings Landing in a Dornish ship – that’s going to be a rough one…
- The Boltons are still flaying people.
- Brianne and Theon team up.
- Dragons are flying.
- Dany is on a massive forced march into Dothraki territory, and is being pursued by Jorah.
- The Greyjoys are up to something.
- Melisandre is up to something naughty with Jon Snow’s body.
- Sansa and Little Finger are scheming.
- Arya is both jumping off a building and has disturbing milky blind eyes…
What did you see? Have any predictions for this season?
P.S. FFG has something (or 8 somethings) they think you may be interested in…