The latest White Dwarf has a battle of Titanic proportions – Imperial Knight: Renegade in Action!
White Dwarf is hot off the presses and it looks like someone got it early…or at least had their phone on them. Here are some pics from the Imperial Knight Battle Report included in this month’s White Dwarf.
Spoilers ahead for the Battle – You have been warned!
via BrookM 4-13-2016
Unfortunately we don’t get a good glimpse of the rules for the game – only the stylized version of the events from the battle. Still, it’s a bit more entertaining than “I rolled a 4 and hit. The Knight took a hull point of damage.” It’s also funny to see the “map” of the table. It’s only got the two pieces of terrain…I hope that was a 3×3 or a 2×2 board. I know I want to give this game a shot with a full spread (and probably more than 2 knights…)
What we know so far about Imperial Knights: Renegade
via El Ploplo, Warhammer-forum
$195 and a date of 4-23-2016
via Archbald_TK, Warseer
So to answer a few questions some of you may or may not have asked:
– AFAIK the game is not restricted to English.
– The two Knights in the story are the Ever-Stalwart of House Terryn (Battle Cannon, Reaper Chainsword, Icarus Autocannon, Heavy Stubbers) and the Litany of Destruction (Reaper Chainsword, Thunderstrike Gauntlet, Ironstorm Missile Pod, Heavy Stubber).
– There are only two big cards, one for each of these knights setups. But there are references to play with other weapons setups.
– Game includes a Datasheet to play a Renegade Knight in 40K, but there is only one sheet so I hope they’re not restricted to the CC version.
– Also includes a detachment to ally Knights to CSM and Chaos Daemons.
– 8 pages of rules including the 40K ones if I got it right.
It didn’t notice anything special regarding availability.
There are no rules in the next WD (besides a new unrelated BaC scenario), so far it’s all in the box.
via Archibald_TK, Warseer
No Orruks in the next WD.
New boxed game called “Imperial Knight: Renegade” instead (1 Imperial Knight, 1 IK Warden and 1 Sanctum Imperialis + rules)
165€ / £120 / $195 / and for once the real prices for all to see: CA$ 235 / AU$ 245 / NZ$ 290 / 22.000 Yen
So both a huge price but a huge discount at the same time, making it a pretty solid choice if you want 2 Knights. Too bad the large difference between the UK and Euro price will make us incapable of competing vs UK retailers.
Game is derived from the minigame they did in the WD around the Stormsurge release if I remember correctly, the one were each superheavy had its own datasheet, with damage locations and numbers everywhere. Game includes specific decals for each knight allowing you to decorate one of them as a renegade Knight. No Chaos specific sprues thought (those are the regular models already sold in stores).
For the full pics and to join the discussion check out our BoLS Lounge Thread: