The N3 Infinity Human Sphere has returned with rules updates and consolidate sectorial army lists – come take a look inside the covers!
Hey BoLS Readers, I had been waiting for a long time to get my hands on these books. The reason being is ever since N3 came out, I could only play a shadow of my original Nomad Forces. I started the game with the Wildcats many moons ago and when the swap from Infinity v2 to v3 happened I only had their website to go fall back on. Sure they had stats and gameplay information – but for me digital on a website is different than having a cold hard-copy in my hands. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in that regard.
So if you’re like me (a player that wasn’t focusing on a ‘standard’ list but had built one from the older sectorials from v2) then you should be PUMPED about this new book. Even if you’re not, there are some minor rules tweaks and a few BIG ones for Fireteams as well. We talked about the Fireteam changes earlier but I’ll do a quick recap.
Five Types of Fireteams:
- Core – this is the one you’re probably most familiar with. It hasn’t really changed
- Duo – a Fireteam that consists of two models. They don’t get a combat bonus but they do get to move together for only 1 order.
- Haris – a Fireteam of 2-3 models. Limited to 1 but they can add some support or firepower in different ways.
- Triad – 3 member Fireteam exclusive to Tohaa. Very versatile and you can have multiple active Fireteams in your list.
- Enomatarchos – Exclusive to the Steel Phalanx, this Fireteam can have up to 4 members without the restriction of just on active Fireteam
Along with these new Fireteams this book also has all the updated and consolidate rules for every faction and their respective sectorial army lists. Oh and I don’t want to forget the updated rules, skills, gear, civilian rules, new game states and missions. And that’s JUST in the Rulebook.
The guide book has over 290 pages of full color art, stories and fun facts about the Infinity Universe. It covers every faction and sheds light on an overwhelming number of units in the game. This is a book you’re going to want for your collection just based on how much cool stuff is in there. If you were looking for a “coffee table” book to leave out so your friends could get hooked – the Guide book is where it’s at!
Overall, these books are a welcome addition to the game and I’m glad they are coming to mass market soon – if they aren’t out already. Pre-Orders ended April 27th so if they aren’t shipping now, they will be very soon – I hope yours is in the mail!
Infinity – Sci-fi Skirmish games with an awesome miniatures with a campaign system and organized play – what’s not to like?!