The Weather clears and the orders are clear – the invasion begins!
The early hours of June 6th 1944 – In the vanguard are the airborne, elite units sent ahead to drop behind enemy lines, secure key objectives and hold until relieved!
If you’re new to Bolt Action then there can be nothing more thrilling than taking an elite unit into action. Elite’s can be a challenge to master in the game but they’ll look great and scare your opponent, and that’ll give you an edge!
Here are 2 brand new offers to get you on your way toward an elite brigade for D-Day battles!
US Airborne 1000pt D-Day Invasion
Dropped from their C-47 Dakotas high above the Normandy countryside, the US Airborne found themselves helplessly scattered and separated deep behind enemy lines amid the hedgerow country of Normandy. They had to carry all of the necessary equipment – prepared to drop into entirely surrounded pockets in order to achieve their objectives.
Their heroic actions have immortalised their units – the likes of the 82nd ‘All American’ and the 101st ‘Screaming Eagles’ – whose exploits were captured in the Hanks/Spielberg series ‘Band of Brothers’ – fighting their way through the likes of Carentan, Foy, Bastogne, and right up to capturing the Eagle’s Nest at Berchtesgaden – deep in the heart of Germany.
H minus 6: The Pathfinders
The 1000 point army
|US Airborne HQ||1st lt with 2 men||116pts|
|US Airborne Medic||30pts|
|US Airborne Squad A – 10 men||NCO with SMG + 6 men (Rifles/Carbines), 2 SMGs 1 LMG.||202pts|
|US Airborne Squad B – 10 men||As Squad A.||202pts|
|US Airborne Squad C – 5 men – Tank Hunters||NCO with SMG + 1 Rifle/Carbine, 1 SMG, 1 LMG, all equipped with Anti-Tank Grenades.||114pts|
|Pathfinders Squad – 8 men||NCO with SMG + 6 men (Rifles/Carbines), 1 SMG.||141pts|
|US Airborne Bazooka Team||78pts|
|US Airborne 60mm Light Mortar Team||52pts|
|US Airborne MMG Team||65pts|
This 1000pt deal contains
- x1 Blister of 4 men for the US Airborne HQ & Medic teams.
- x3 Squad Boxes of 10 men for US Paratrooper Squads.
- x1 Loose Figure of a US Airborne Pathfinder with M1 Garand Rifle.
- x1 Loose Figure of a US Airborne Pathfinder with Signal Gun
- x1 Loose Figure of a US Airborne Pathfinder with M1 Carbine.
- x1 Loose Figures of the US Airborne Pathfinder with Thompson SMG.
- x1 Blister of 4 men for the US Airborne Bazooka & 60mm Light Mortar teams.
- x1 Blister of 3 men plus weapon for the US Airborne 30cal. MMG team firing.
You can then add to this army with a nice selection of weapon teams and specialist jeep from the US airborne range:
British Airborne 1000pt D-Day Invasion
Immortalised in such classic movies as ‘A Bridge too Far,’ the Red Devils of the British Airborne forces jumped deep behind enemy lines to secure crucial objectives to allow the Allied forces and their supplies to fight their way across occupied Europe, beating the Axis forces back to Germany.
Famed for their actions including the taking of Pegasus Bridge and the fighting around Arnhem amongst many other incredible feats – the plucky Brits were armed with the likes of the Sten and Bren guns, the PIAT, and were backed-up by the trusty 6-pounder anti-tank gun, convoys of specially adapted Jeeps, and the Tetrarch air landing tank – all of which are available as part of the Bolt Action range.
H minus 5: Geronimo!
The 1000 point army
|British Airborne HQ||1st lt with 2 men||116pts|
|British Airborne Medic||30pts|
|British Airborne Section A – 10 men||NCO with SMG + 5 men (Rifles), 3 SMGs, 1 LMG.||172pts|
|British Airborne Section B – 10 men||As Section A.||172pts|
|British Airborne Section C – 10 men||As Section A.||172pts|
|British Airborne Vikers HMG Team||65pts|
|British Airborne 2″ light Mortar Team||46pts|
|British Airborne 3″ Medium Mortar Team||65pts|
|British Airborne PIAT Anti-Tank Team||52pts|
|British Airborne Sniper Team||65pts|
|British Airborne Flamethrower Team||65pts|
This 1000pt deal contains
- x1 Blister of 4 men for the British Airborne HQ & Medic teams.
- x3 Squad Boxes of 10 men for the British Airborne Sections.
- x1 Blister of 3 men plus weapon for the British Airborne Vikers HMG Team.
- x1 Blister of 4 men for the British Airborne PIAT & 2″ light Mortar Teams.
- x1 Blister of 4 men for the British Airborne Sniper & Flamethrower Teams.
- x1 Blister of 3 men plus weapon for the British Airborne 3″ Medium Mortar Team.
You can then add to this army with a nice selection of weapon teams and a specialist jeep from the British Airborne range:
And here’s the D-Day Firefight! Starter Set:
Find out more about this action packed battle set here.
Any Armchair Generals out there ready to take up the call and fight on D-Day?!