Here is the latest set of info on what to expect from Warhammer 40,000’s next edition… and when.
Industry insiders tell BoLS:
- A Warscroll such as the Stardrake is said to illustrate several new unit layout and big picture rules mechanics making their way to 40k.
- The new release will follow the standard GW rollout with at least three different versions, boxed set, rulebook, and others.
- There will be changes to some core mechanics such as S vs T which have been static for several editions.
- Again, look for a Q2 2017 release window.
- The new edition is shaping up as a larger shakeup to the game than we have seen in several editions, but is NOT aiming for an Age of Sigmar simplification of the rules.
Previous Warhammer 40,000 Rumors 8-15-2016
- Look for the new edition of the Grimdark to show up in Q2 2017.
- The new edition is slated for arrival before summer of next year.
- It will be a streamlined edition
- Look for changes tailored to make the current game more accessable for new players.
- Look for limited design elements to migrate from Age of Sigmar to the new edition.
- This will NOT mean the Sigmarification of 40K, only a carefully selected set of rules organization decisions to make learning and playing much easier than things are now.
~I’ll let you figure out exactly what that could mean – of what parts that warscroll you think are headed for the Grimdark.