All the Blood Bowl Goodies have arrived along with a new 40K supplement for Pre-Order this weekend from Games Workshop!
via Games Workshop
Invasion and conquest in the 41st Millennium
Across the vast galactic expanses of the Imperium of Man, a desperate war of survival has raged for more than ten thousand years. Countless savage battles are being fought at any given moment – and none rage more fiercely than those fought between an invading army and a desperate defending force.
The 112-page hardback supplement Planetary Onslaught brings together and updates the rules for 3 Warhammer 40,000 expansions – Planetstrike, Stronghold Assault and Cities of Death – and presents them as stages of planetary conquest. Play them individually, or string the three different sets of rules together to create an epic campaign that tells the story of the fate of an entire world! One player assumes the role of aggressor, and the other defender, playing through the three phases with additional rules tying the whole campaign together into a single, brutal Planetary Onslaught.
There’s also a huge array of updated datasheets for Fortifications and Fortification Networks, new Siege War missions, and full campaign trees for Planetstrike, Stronghold Assault and Cities of Death games.
Blood Bowl $99
The classic game of fantasy football is back!
A combination of strategy, tactics, and absolute mindless violence, Blood Bowl is the classic game of fantasy football. 2 players act as coaches, selecting their teams from rosters of Human and Orcs and taking to the playing field to earn fame, fortune and the adulation of fans along the way!
Included in the box
Everything you need for yourself and an opponent to play bone-crunching games of Blood Bowl:
– 12 plastic Human players: 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Catchers and 6 Linemen;
– 12 plastic Orc players: 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Black Orc Blockers and 6 Linemen;
– extra balls, team counters, and bases featuring holes to place the ball in, indicating possession;
– a double-sided foldout card pitch – one Orc side, one Human side, each divided into squares to regulate movement and combat;
– 2 card dugouts, each with a Human team’s sideline on one side and an Orc sideline on the other;
– a deck of cards detailing Special Plays and Star Players, as well as references for the included miniatures;
– 2 sets of dice, coloured blue for the Humans and green (of course!) for the Orcs – a mix of D6 Block dice, ordinary D6’s, D8’s and D16’s;
– a 56-page rulebook – this contains the basic rules of Blood Bowl, a number of optional extra rules (Fan Support, different weather, Illegal Procedures, time limits, hand-overs, block assists and more), a guide to assembling your teams and the story of Blood Bowl’s origins;
– a range ruler (used for measuring distances when throwing the ball), scatter template (used to see where the ball careens off to when dropped) and throw-in template;
– a sheet of decals containing number and team symbols, and a list of player positions that can be applied to the edge of your models’ bases.
The only team to have ever won the Blood Bowl trophy two years on the run (Blood Bowl XVII and XVIII, fact fans,) the Skavenblight Scramblers are at least a bit legendary. They’ve had a run of bad luck since then, but since the recent appointment of their new head coach Sandch Blackpelt, they’ve seen a new lease of life. Being Skaven, they naturally have a love for absolute, mindless violence, and their recent uptick in confidence and aggression has seen them elected Team of the Year 2493 in Spike! Magazine. Perhaps another trophy is within their grasp…
This multi-part plastic kit contains the components necessary to assemble the Skavenblight Scramblers, a team for use in games of Blood Bowl. You’ll receive 2 Blitzers, 2 Throwers, 2 Gutter Runners and 6 Linemen, and a roster sheet. Supplied with a transfer sheet, turn markers, extra balls, and 12 Citadel 32mm Round bases featuring holes to keep the ball in.
Drag your team to glory!
Presenting a fantastic book filled with teams to get your season of Blood Bowl off to a riotous start – Death Zone Season 1! In this 48-page softback, you’ll find a wealth of new teams, star players and play options to expand and enhance your Blood Bowl experience.
In the book
Within Blood Bowl Death Zone: Season 1 you’ll find:
– Details for 7 team types (Skaven, Nurgle, Dwarf, Elven Union, High Elf, Dark Elf and Wood Elf) with background, rosters and famous examples of each;
– new official rules! Casualties, Expensive Mistakes, Play-offs, Glittering Prizes and more! Plus the official and sacred word of the great god Nuffle on the subject of running leagues – put your team roster together and play through a whole season of Blood Bowl, with all the victories, losses, touchdowns and injuries adding experience, growing your team into an unstoppable football juggernaut (possibly. If you win.)
– an updated list of skills (a big list) and new game options to try out – Piling On! Dirty Players! Break Tackles! Diving Catches! Really Quite Horrible Mutations! More!;
– updated rules for improving your team with the addition of coaching staff: Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Cheerleaders and Apothecaries;
– rules for Exhibition Play;
– the Hall of Fame – welcome the Bright Crusaders and the Orcland Raiders, along with their rosters;
– Star Players! Eldril Sidewinder, Griff Oberwald, Grim Ironjaw, Guffle Pusmaw, Hakflem Skuttlespike, Jordell Freshbreeze, Mighty Zug, Morg ‘n’ Thorg, Prince Moranion, Roxanna Darknail and Varag Ghoul-Chewer – they’re a in there;
– official reference guides for each of the 7 team types in the book.
Across the length and breadth of the galaxy, humankind celebrates its salvation, and relishes the prospect of a return to peace. But the war against the orks has riven the political bedrock of the Imperium, exposing its rotten core. One man, one powerful man, decides he has the solution, and launches a campaign of destruction so terrible that thousands of years later his actions will still be viewed with horror.
READ IT BECAUSE
Throughout the series, the political machinations have been as fascinating and compelling as the all-out action – and now it’s time for that to take centre stage as assassination and plotting takes over from brutal combat.
Written by Guy Haley
The perfect companion to the Skavenblight Scramblers Blood Bowl team, this set of handsome warpstone green dice includes:
3 Blood Bowl Block dice
2 six-sided dice
1 eight-sided die
1 sixteen-sided die
Skyhammer Annihilation Force $370.50
Descending from the sky at incredible velocity, smashing into the battlefield with stunning impact, the drop pods of a Skyhammer Annihilation Force are the first indication to an enemy that their life is over. Armoured ramps are instantly slammed open and a roaring horde of Devastators immediately discharge a shock-and-awe barrage of heavy weapons fire into the foe. Even as the projectiles of the Devastators scream toward their targets, the Assault Marines begin their own sky-scorching descent. Chainswords rev and flesh is shredded even before the initial assault has ended – the violence is over in seconds.
The Skyhammer Annihilation Force does not merely attack. The Skyhammer Annihilation Force destroys.
This bundle gives you everything you need to field the Space Marines Skyhammer Annihilation Force formation. In it, you’ll get two Drop Pods, two sets of Devastator Squads, four sets of Assault Squads and a Tactical Squad, allowing you to build two ten-man Assault Squads and two ten-man Devastator squads.
Blood Bowl + Death Zone Season One Book.
Blood Bowl New Releases $171.50
Blood Bowl + Death Zone Season One Book + Skavenblight Scramblers Box + Skavenblight Scramberls Dice Set.
I can’t wait for my friends to get some Blood Bowl teams ready to go! Season One, here we come!