Endless war between two nations, conquests, resistance, rebellion and more in the latest Campaign Setting for Pathfinder…
The folks over at Paizo have just released a new campaign setting that ties in with their upcoming adventure path “The Ironfang Invasion.” Lands of Conflict is all set to flesh out the details of two warring nations, giving you the tools you need to bring conflict to any campaign.
A seemingly endless war rages between the expansionist nation of Molthune and its fiercely independent neighbor Nirmathas. To Molthune, it’s a civil war to preserve its legacy of unification; to Nirmathas, a war to throw off tyrannical occupation. Ancient ruins, headstrong leaders, and longstanding feuds are present on both sides—but the similarities end there.
Cosmopolitan and wealthy, Molthune grasps at glory and power as it struggles for recognition and security. Rugged and resourceful, Nirmathas operates less as a nation and more as a free frontier, bound together only in its resistance to outside control. Nirmathas and its conflict with Molthune provide the setting for the Ironfang Invasion Adventure Path, making this comprehensive sourcebook a perfect supplement for that campaign.
Within these pages, you’ll find:
- An extensive look at the region’s history, stretching back before the current conflict, before its occupation by Cheliax, and even before the Whispering Tyrant’s stranglehold on the region.
- Detailed gazetteers on both Molthune and Nirmathas, offering over 50 distinct locations within both nations, such as the hidden druid enclave of Crystalhurst, the architectural wonder of Canorate, and the fey-infested Fangwood.
- A comprehensive overview of the front lines of each nation, the distinct tactics they employ, and the regular shifts in activity and control.
- Nine fleshed-out locations that take adventurers from the fringes of each nation to the front lines of the main conflict.
- A detailed militia system, allowing players to organize, train, and direct their own rebel militias or mercenary legions.
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Lands of Conflict is intended for use with the Pathfinder campaign setting but can be easily adapted to any fantasy world.
Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Lands of Conflict $22.99 (PDF $15.99)