Who Is He?
This is the official PP release of the Troll warlock Horgle. He was pre-released awhile ago and has seen some play. He has some interesting mechanics that can really up the troll ranged game. He also is a pyromaniac so that just adds to the fun. Horgle has 29 Warbeast points adding up to a nice sized battlegroup.
What Does Horgle Do?
Horgle is your standard beefy troll. He is DEF14 ARM17 and can take a hit with 17 boxes. He is sporting 2 1″RNG POW12 weapons. With SPD5 and MAT7 he is doing ok in the threat category. Horgle has 2 pretty unique abilities that he gives to his battlegroup:
- Burnt Meat: Free charging for beasts on targets that are on fire. This should be somewhat doable with the amount of fire Trolls have access to. Pyre trolls and flamekin should be able to toast up a juicy enemy.
- Field Marshal: Immunity to Fire. Don’t have to worry about burning your trolls.
- Consuming Flames: A range 10″ nuke that sets stuff on fire at POW12 AOE4. This is great for setting up Burnt Meat or his feat.
- Firestarter: Makes a warbeast cause continuous fire. Another great setup for the feat.
- Inviolable Resolve: You don’t see a lot of armor buffs within troll factions. This can really tip the scales to make warders incredibly hard to remove near a krielstone.
- Solid Ground: Another great spell for trolls, you can tough all day and get a 2nd chance as long as your in Horgle’s control.
Stroking the Flames
Horgle has a really nasty feat if you can set up the continuous fire. Models gain boosted attack and damage vs models on fire in his control. The damage output for this feat is incredibly nasty. A unit of highwaymen could shoot 20 boosted POW10s if they all can get in range. Maybe a handful of casters can live through that.
Lists with Horgle, The Anvil
Horgle wants fire or a beast that can reliably put models on fire with firestarter spell.
If you can set up the feat a unit of higwaymen or a mauler can easily trash a colossal or warcaster.
The Krielstone and Warders can tank a lot of attacks with the combination of Solid Ground and Resolve.
Trollbloods Army – 75 / 75 points
(Horgle 2) Horgle, the Anvil [+29]
– Dire Troll Bomber 
– Dire Troll Mauler 
– Troll Axer 
Braylen Wanderheart, Trollkin Outlaw 
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes (min) 
Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew 
Trollkin Highwaymen (max) 
Trollkin Highwaymen (max) 
Trollkin Warders (max) 
Revenant’s Final Thought:
Horgle gives you multiple chances to tough with solid ground, his feat can be really scary if he can get multiple attacks on a model, and he makes warders tougher to remove then they already were. I love this guy for just the shear assassination or piece removal potential.
~What do you think of Horgle, the Anvil BoLS? Please share in the comments below.