Finally, something to contemplate on the Tree of Woe. Check out the new Conan Player’s Guide from Modiphius…
KNOW, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars—Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen- eyed,sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.
That’s right friends. The time has come to tell tales of the days of High Adventure. The player’s guide for Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of has released. Check out the latest interpretation of the classic adventurer, to whom much glory is owed. What I find particularly appealing is the way the game digs into the lore–these are names that bear the full weight of history upon their tawny backs. Find writ upon them the scars of an Age long past. This is only the beginning… there is much more planned, so take a look at the humble beginnings…
London April 19th 2017 Modiphius Entertaimment is pleased to announce the release of Conan: The Player’s Guide, our brand new source book for Robert E. Howard’s Conan: Adventures in an Age Undreamed Of , which takes you into the world of Conan the Barbarian, a place where astonishing heroes battle loathsome monsters, raise swords against dire sorcery, and travel to exotic and unknown lands!
The Conan Player’s Guide is aimed at firmly at players of the game and contains content drawn entirely from the Conan roleplaying game core book. If you own the core book, you don’t need to purchase this book. However GMs may wish to let their players and RPG groups know it is available!
Within these covers you’ll find all the information you need to create a wide range of characters, whether heroic barbarians, bold rogues, seasoned mercenaries, wise priests, stealthy archers, hardy nomads, or more!
Create your own legend in the time before history!
- Everything you need to create characters from across the whole of Conan’s world, including skills, talents, and more. Discover if you’re the descendant with an ancient bloodline that survived the Cataclysm!
- Choose or roll to create the character you want, picking options such as homeland, attributes, archetype, caste, family history, nature, education, and more.
- Select your starting gear from a wide range of equipment, whether broadsword a Bossonian bow, horned helmet and scale-mail hauberk… or a sorcerous circle of power.
- All the 2d20 core rules you need to play, including task resolution, features like Momentum and Fortune, struggles, combat, and more.
- Art by a team of iconic Conan artists.
- Developed in close consultation with award-winning Conan scholars, this is the most authentic depiction of Conan and his world ever published for games.
Check out our Conan Collection to see the full range of forthcoming Conan products. Over 20 beautiful hardcover books await along with lots of accessories and merchandise including maps, dice sets, posters, dice trays and the limited edition Conqueror’s Bag.