Sit down with Jervis Johnson and Robin Cruddace to talk shop on Warhammer 40,000’s new ruleset.
Key Design Takeaways
- Design was designed to keep the depth and granularity of 40K.
- More accessible to new players than the old ruleset.
- Unified rules structure that can handle anything from a grot to a Warlord titan.
- Support multiple styles of play from casual to competitive.
- Putting the rules you need to play in front of the player when they need them – datasheets.
- Power Level ratings reflects the “average” power level of a unit between it’s minimum and maximum equipment options.
- Keywords are designed to both allow desired rules synergies while restricting unwanted rules combos in one elegant package.
- Command Points give the player some strategy options to give them a feel of command outside of their models.
Look for more of these in the days ahead.
~ I guess no Warhammer Design Team shirt for Jervis. 🙁