The first trailer gives us a look at Wakanda and the threats the secret country faces under a new king.
Chadwick Boseman returns as T’Challa and is joined by Lupita Nyong’o, Michael B. Jordan, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Florence Kasumba, and a host of other recognizable faces. The screenplay is from Joe Robert Cole and director Ryan Coogler. You don’t have to see the trailer to know this is going to be great, but you should watch it anyway…
The trailer hints out several threats to the start of T’Challa’s reign after his father’s death in Civil War:
- From the outside: Ulysses Klaw (Andy Serkis), a long time opponent in the comics, shows up again in the MCU
- From the inside: M’Baku (Winston Duke) and N’Jadaka (Michael B. Jordan) look to both have some major fight scenes
In T’challa’s corner:
- Everett K. Ross (Martin Freeman) – who comes directly from Christopher Priest’s run with Black Panther in the late 90s
- Princess Shuri (Letitia Wright) – from Reginald Hudlin’s run in the mid aughts
- The Dora Milaje – they all look totally awesome and if you’ve seen Wonder Woman you might recognize Florence Kasumba, she was an Amazon
I walked out of Civil War last year hoping that Black Panther would get a shot at great solo movie. I think he and Wakanda have found a great team, and that this is going to great.
What are your thoughts? See anything I missed in the trailer?