[Spoiler] and [Spoiler] did a thing! [Spoiler] also did a thing! [Spoiler], [Spoiler], and [Spoiler] did something! And a boat.
The pacing was bad and it didn’t get going till the end, but a lot of stuff happened. The show opened with a frank discussion about male genitalia between Jamie and Bronn. Not really sure what the point was there. Anyway…
- The meeting at Dragonpit didn’t end up in anyone dying, which was a little surprising.
- Euron cuts and runs, which doesn’t really seem like something he’d do – and he’s not.
- Cersei messes with Tyrion’s head by revealing that she’s pregnant – or is she?
- Baelish is dead, however. Very dead.
- 3 of the Starks siblings are back together, and they’re not taking any guff.
- Sam returns just in time for Bran to reveal Jon Snow’s true parentage – Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.
- Dany and Jon hook up… while we learn that she’s his aunt in some interwoven flashbacks. This is going to complicate things next season.
- But it may not because the Targaryens have a rather long history of incest.
- Cersei reveals her plans to go against her word and hang out at Kings Landing with Euron and mercenaries from Essos to Jamie
- Jamie is not ok with this and leaves on a horse into the snow.
- Cersei is more or less alone now – will she go down in season 8 or will this gamble pay off?
- Oh, and Viserion and the wall… followed by the lack of the wall.
We don’t get season 8 until 2019 so there will be plenty of time to theorize on where all of this is going. My predictions:
- Jon will ride Rhaegal in a battle – the dragon is named after his father, after all.
- We may see this come down to the Faith of Seven – Father, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Warrior, Smith, Stranger. But who is who?
~What did you think of the finale?