There’s one episode left in the season, and plenty of characters to kill.
How about that throw?
— U.S. Olympic Team (@TeamUSA) August 21, 2017
Ok, with that out out of the way let’s take a look at what HBO has in store for next week…
- Jon, Tyrion, and allies meeting with Cersei and Jaime in what looks like King’s Landing
- Another meeting at what looks to be Dragonpit
- Cersei obviously has plan for this meeting – but will those plans pan out?
- Sansa… being Sansa
- The Unsullied and Dothraki getting ready to take a castle containing Bronn and Jaime
- Jon’s use of an interesting double-entendre at the end there. Hmmm.
A little background on the significance of the setting of that meeting: Dragonpit was where the Targaryens kept their dragons; it’s on Rhaenys’ hill in King’s Landing. It was all but destroyed during the Dance of the Dragon – the Targaryen civil war. It holds a lot of meaning. The pit led to the demise of the dragons. Their confinement there let them literally diminish in stature until they were the size of a cat. The last dragon – before Daenerys brought them back – died there. It would be fitting for Cersei to try to kill the last of the Targaryens here.
There are things unanswered from the last episodes:
- Where is Sam going?
- What the heck is Bran up to?
- What’s up with the fancy new wight dragon?
- Will The Hound make it back to Cersei with his captive to convince her to join the fight?
- Baelish’s plans?
- Arya’s plans?
Let’s start taking bets on who doesn’t make it out of the finale alive.