Make sure you’re not wearing a red shirt, because today we’re taking a look at the new Campaign and GM’s Kit for Star Trek Adventures.
Star Trek Adventures takes you into the 23rd and/or 24th Century, that you might boldly go where none have before. If you haven’t tried it out yet, Star Trek Adventures is a fantastic 2d20 RPG published by Modiphius. You can read our full review, but suffice it to say, the game does a lot to make you feel like you’re taking control of the crew of a Starship. There’s a lot of cool adventures you can have–and now, it’s easier than ever to get your campaign going thanks to the release of their Campaign Guide: These Are the Voyages. We dig through this supplement, as well as the GM Toolkit and Starship Deck Tiles on today’s Tabletop Spotlight.
These Are The Voyages: Volume 1 is a 164-page supplement containing eight ready-to-play adventures that can challenge any crew. There’s a pretty broad mix of adventures that really encapsulate the style of classic Trek episodes. It’s great if you’re a fan who’s looking to try and figure out how to bring that classic feeling to your campaign.
You’ll find it all: space anomalies, temporal paradoxes, scientific mysteries, tense thrillers involving the Neutral Zone, even encounters that transition from one problem to another. Or my personal favorite–Prime Directive problems. After all if you want to give an inspiring speech about how our humanity is worth fighting for, and holding onto, you’ve got to have the opportunity to have it questioned.
And they have it. It’s one of the things that really excites me about the RPG and the upcoming releases–the writers really seem to have a handle on what makes Star Trek Fun. Which is to say, there’s a mix–just because I like the Picard episodes where he spouts off, doesn’t mean I don’t also enjoy some awesome Deep Space Nine starship battles, or war stories. Or like the weird holodeck gone awry episodes of Voyager. Or the two fisted (well single fist made of two hands) adventures of Kirk, Bones, and McCoy.
Alternatively…you *could* do this one…
The system supports them all. Also included in the above video you’ll find the Star Trek Adventures GameMaster’s Toolkit and Screen, which is a handy reference guide and screen for any aspiring GM. It also contains the pdfs for the crew of the Enerprises 1701 and 1701-D.
As well you’ll find Starship Deck Plans for an easy reference to show your players just how the ship is laid out–so when they get pulverized by photon torpedos, they’ll know exactly where they are, and why they’re being sucked into the vacuum of space when the structural integrity field fails.
These Are the Voyages – $41.99
This is a pre-order with physical copies shipping from October. Once the PDF is complete and approved you will receive a link to download]
These are the Voyages: Volume 1 presents eight ready-to-play missions for Star Trek Adventures. Within this book Gamemasters will find the means to test their Starfleet officers at the front line of Starfleet operations. Create your own Star Trek stories of discovery and adventure on the Final Frontier. This is a 164 page book full of stunning Starfleet adventures.
• 8 ready to play missions using the 2d20 game system from Modiphius Entertainment adapted for Star Trek Adventures, and requires the Star Trek Adventures core rulebook to play.
• Uncover the truth about an anomalous wormhole that has trapped an older starship vessel.
• Weigh up the dilemma of the Prime Directive with an intelligent species that originates outside the confines of normal space and time, subjugated by another civilization.
• Rescue a Federation science vessel, drifting dangerously inside the Romulan Neutral Zone, avoiding an escalation into war.
• Investigate strange events on Carina VII, where a colony is rapidly disintegrating around its foundations.
• Explore a strange alien space station, containing a massive forest eco-system of its own.
• Foil plans to spread a long dead plague and uncover the truths of its origin.
• Stop the theft of an experimental torpedo and pursue its thieves to expose their plot.
• Respond to a distress signal from a mining colony in revolt and discover new life in its mines.
Gamemaster’s Screen – $41.99
Note: This item is currently out of stock, so it’s on re-order. New orders are expected to ship Q1 2018, we will inform customers as soon as we have new information. Apologies for any inconvenience
The official Star Trek Adventures Gamemaster Screen is a high quality three panel screen to help power your Star Trek missions. The exterior features beautiful rendered artwork of Starfleet vessels and Romulan cruisers, while the inside cover contains useful rules references, tables, charts and random generators for Gamemasters so the 2d20 system is at your fingertips!
The Gamemaster screen contains:
• Beautiful artwork that wraps around the 3 outer facing panels of the screen.
• Rules references for Task Difficulty, Momentum spends, Conflict tasks, and Non-Player Character special rules.
• Reference tables for weapons, damage, and NPC crews.
• 6 x double sided laminated reference sheets for bridge positions on one side and player aids on the other side.
• Folded poster map of the Alpha & Beta Quadrants. This double-sided folded map gives you a comprehensive overview worthy of Stellar Cartography itself! It includes the new Shackleton Expanse created for the Star Trek Adventures Living Campaign.
• Giant 30cm x 90cm size!
A PDF version will be included in your order receipt.
Also includes PDFs of The Next Generation and The Original Series Character sheets!
Starship Deck Tiles – $41.99
[This is a pre-order shipping from early October]
This gaming tile set contains 16 double sided tiles for a total of 32 interchangeable 240mm square and 120mm by 240mm map tiles of Federation starship interiors.
Rick Sternbach has joined the Star Trek Adventures development crew. Sternbach (Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual, Star Trek:Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, Haynes Klingon Bird-of-prey Owner’s Workshop Manual) served as senior illustrator and technical consultant on The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and Voyager television series and has been consulting with Modiphius Entertainment on the development of the geomorphic tile artwork and deck plans. The interchangeable deck tiles combine in hundreds of ways and along with the official Star Trek Adventures miniatures help create exciting missions on your tabletop.
The Starfleet deck tiles set contains:
• Fully realised top-down designs of key locations on a Federation starship: the bridge, main engineering, astrometrics, sickbay, and other corridors and shuttlebays.
• Marked with movement areas compatible with the 2d20 system for use with the Star Trek Adventures conflict rules.
Live long and prosper.