The world warrior tournament comes to the tabletop. Get ready to party like it’s 1991-20xx (depending on how many stretch goals they unlock) and take part in Street Fighter the Miniatures game.
Street Fighter comes to the tabletop thanks to AngryJoe. This miniatures game looks really cool–it uses a card and combo based system to recreate the back and forth flow of the game. Which is important.
Because if you’re going to recreate Street Fighter games, combos are an iconic part of the game, even if they weren’t supposed to be there in the first place. That’s the reason most of us remember Street Fighter 2, while the original ’87 release sort of lingers in the backseat of history, sitting next to the original Mega Man, trying to fight over who gets to control the backseat airflow.
At any rate, the game looks like a ton of fun–it’s a 3 on 3 miniatures brawl that pits up to six different characters (for now) against each other in a tactical miniatures brawl. With characters from a wide range of Street Fighter games, you’ll see folks like Dan Hibiki and Makoto fighting alongside C. Viper and Laura–depending on what fighters you choose. And the whole thing is part of the Universal Tactics System ruleset, which they are designing to be cross-compatible with other sets. So when they come out with the Tekken Miniatures Game, you can finally get the matchup of Dan Hibiki vs. Mokujin fight that only me was asking for.
At any rate, the game is already massively successful on Kickstarter, and has been smashing through its Stretch Goals after just 4 days they’ve nearly doubled their goal. You can find out a little more below–the game looks great, so enjoy!
via Jasco Games
Street Fighter®™: The Miniatures Game is an exciting new high quality pre-painted miniatures game that uses the brand new Universal Tactics System! This system allows two to six players to simulate fights across Street Fighter’s iconic roster by controlling their favorite characters, rolling dice and playing cards from fighter specific 40-card Battle Decks!
- Play Street Fighter®™ like never before! Play in Versus Mode as well as Free For All and Team Modes for up to six players!
- Boss Mode offers 3 versus 1 Cooperative Play against one powerful Boss Player!
- High quality pre-painted “Collector-Sized” miniatures with breath-taking special effects sculpts!
- Stage maps with 3D destructible terrain inspired straight from the video games!
- 40-Card Character Battle Decks split into Projectiles, Specials, Strikes and Event cards!
- An Innovative combo chain attack system rewards smart play and hand management!
- Use powerful super & ultra combos for impressive finishes!
- Cross compatible with future Universal Tactics System sets. Create your dream scenarios for some truly legendary fights!
And now Ryu’s theme is stuck in my head