Take to the streets, station corridors, abandoned shopping plazas, and other set-pieces of Infinity’s Human Sphere, all of which are ripe for an action-packed fight/chase/hacking sequence. Get ready to gear up.
If there ever was a setting that cried out for an RPG, it’s the setting of Infinity. The Human Sphere is a cybered up vision of the future, where the nations of the world have coalesced into something recognizable but different from the nations of today. There are PanOceania and Yu-Jing and the Nomads, among others. All of it set against a backdrop in which Humanity has reached the stars–but within the Human Sphere, there’s all kind of skirmishes.
Humanity has reached the stars. Massive, internationally-owned trade ships use wormholes to jump from one star system to the next, in a network of looping routes known as Circulars. Circulars are administered by an intergovernmental organization called O-12, an offshoot of the United Nations that has been vested with greater autonomy and capacity to enforce its decisions than its predecessor ever had. A single Artificial Intelligence, named ALEPH, is allowed to exist with the purpose of aiding O-12 maintain the fragile balance of power.
Amid all this secret intelligence operatives play out deadly chases. There are crazy hackers who can do all kinds of things–it’s a world rife with tension, and it’s a world that is amazing. You’ll find deadly cyberninjas alongside heroic hackers, from the grandiose to the smallest scale milk run, there’s a place for all kinds of adventures.
Like, this is a world where Overwatch is basically a televised sport. Where humanity is uploaded to a network and you can download your personality into a body and do all kinds of other weird things with it. Where robot koalas who will hunt you down and explode exist.
It’s a world that was made to be played in. And so today, we have a look at a Guide that expands the world of the Infinity Core book–take a look at the Player’s Guide below.
Infinity Player’s Guide – $14.99
In the twisted jungles of Paradiso, humanity fights for its survival. The fierce, alien warriors of the Combined Army have poured through the Acheron Gate, descending upon the emerald jungles of the newest colonial world in a seemingly unstoppable torrent. The bestial Morat pound the Paradiso front, where brave men and women fight ceaselessly to maintain a defensive line which the sly Shasvastii penetrate with devastating ease. In the star-swept skies above, the collected might of humanity’s armadas maintain a life-or-death blockade to cut off an endless horde of alien reinforcements. And if any of humanity’s fractious forces falter, then all may be lost…
But beyond the terrifying holding action, the intrigues and adventures of the human sphere spin on. Space pirates cruise through the shattered planetoids of Human Edge. Scientists and adventurers delve the oceans of Varuna. Merchants guilds scheme amidst the scourging sands of Bourak. From Yutang, the Emperor gazes forth from an uneasy throne. Titanic war machines stride across the icy plains of Svalarheima. Byzantine hypercops struggle for dominance amidst the chrome towers of Neoterra.
For the last ten years, players have tested their mettle upon the battlefields of the Human Sphere in Corvus Belli’s hugely-popular Infinity skirmish game. Now you can expand your adventures, diving deep into the amazing, never-before-seen depths of the Infinity universe with the ultimate science-fiction roleplaying game.
- An immersive Lifepath character creation system, that allows you to choose from a wide range of backgrounds, from crazed Dog-Warrior, to empathic Tohaa.
- Choose or roll to create the character you want, defining options such as attributes, faction, heritage, homeworld, social status, education, and career.
- Select your starting gear from a wide range of equipment such as the hacking device and programs you’ll utilise, or the type of weapon and ammo you prefer.
- All the 2D20 rules you’ll need to play, including Heat, Momentum, task resolution, and the triple dynamics of Warfare, Infowar, and Psywar.
- A gazetteer of humanity’s near future, covering the systems and factions of the Human Sphere and beyond.
- Bonus content exclusive to the Player’s Guide including the Agent Handler guide, 2d20 to N3 conversion guide, and stats for the iconic miniatures produced for this very RPG.