Human nature hasn’t changed and so there are factions attempting to become the dominant power through war, money, and technology. While the acting government, named O-12, attempts to act as a world government, even they sometimes stand powerless as the Yu Jing and Pan Oceania strive for power. Recently humanity has encountered the alien race they have called the Combined Army. These new aliens want nothing more than to subvert humanity to their whims and yet the Human Sphere seems unable to join together for a common defense. A new hope may lie with a second alien species named the Tohaa but only time will tell…
- Pan Oceania is a conglomeration of some European countries as well as those countries that dot the Pacific Rim. Currently they are the dominant nation and their technological superiority is rivaled only by their rivals in the Yu Jing. These are your goto guys if you’re looking for cool tech and a touch of early 21st century nations. The Christian church lives on within and their basic troops are some of the best in the game. Plenty of options here and the army can be rather forgiving.
- Yu Jing comes from the Asian countries that share a rich history with China, Japan, and others. After Pan Oceania, these guys embody all that is good and bad that comes from the Far East. All of them have combined under one banner to secure their position as the number one super power for the Human Sphere; only Pan Oceania stands in the way of their destiny. These guys tend to be sneaky folks with their use of heavy camouflage and high amounts of Heavy Infantry.
- Haqqislam left Earth to develop a different kind of Islamic faith and see themselves enter into a new golden age. This faction features a heavy dose of Middle Eastern influences and lots of medics. They are content to provide the Human Sphere with as much medical supplies as can be purchased while they excel in all areas of human achievement. Good choices for troops and they are the only army currently that can field the most medics.
- Nomads and their nation are a group of ships that constantly are on the move to fulfill their agenda to bring down the Artificial Intellegence named Aleph. A motley assortment of people their talent for hacking and gathering data is sought after by all factions in the Human Sphere. Some think they are just anarchists while others see them as secret forces protecting humanity from the shadows. These guys truly offer a great variety but sometimes this makes them harder to start with.
- Ariadna are a large faction comprising the early United States, Russia, France, and some British space explorers. Marooned on a planet and given up for dead by humanity these soldiers colonized their planet and after all these years have only recently regained contact with Earth. Their technology is old, but this gives them several advantages against their high-tech foes. Cheap troops available and most of their skills and equipment cannot be shut down by your enemies!
- Aleph is the name given to the super intelligent AI that runs and controls 99% of the Human Sphere’s activities. A grand computer system that has decided it now needs a security force to ensure humanity’s survival and pursue unknown agendas. Using engineered humans and completely robotic warriors Aleph is a great choice if you love using cool tech or you just wanna play as Skynet®.
- Tohaa are a recent addition and they are an alien race that specializes in biotechnology. They are longtime enemies of the Combined Army and it is unsure if they are here to help humanity or just use us as a speed bump against the Combined Army. Several of their troops have armor that enhances their stats before it is shut down. Most of their models have not been released yet, but their army list abounds with possibilities.
- Combined Army represents a collection of all kinds of alien species bent on conquering others in order to add to their conscience. They are ruled by some kind of alien AI that coordinates all their activities from war to consolidation. Troop selections tend to be somewhat specialized, but their unique weapons wreak havoc upon all the other armies. Players will notice that regular tactics need to be changed in order to master this faction.
- Mercs are present and provide opportunities to field as a solid faction, or to pad out your existing forces. Similar to other games, they will not always work for everyone, but the mercs have some of the best looking models and equipment. This army is definitely not for new players as the learning curve will be steep!