This week Firelock Games made a big announcement on their Facebook Page – they will be making a new game called Blood & Valor! This game takes the rules from Blood & Plunder, adapts them and makes a new game in a World War 1 setting.
As a note, the images in this post are from Firelock Game’s Facebook Page. Also, the miniatures within those pictures are “stand-ins” rather than prototype minis.
Not a lot of details are known yet, but I am really excited to learn more.
For now, let’s look at what we do know…
- The game is set in World War 1 covering 1914 to 1918.
- It looks like the system will focus on small unit engagements involving 30 to 40 models.
- Initial book will have English, French, American, German, Ottoman and Anzac forces in it. The book should come out by the end of 2019.
- The book will contain 5 balanced scenarios for competitive play and 5 narrative scenarios for less competitive play.
- They plan an expansion in 2020 to cover the Eastern Front and Russian Civil War.
- The system is d10 based.
- You can play in the trenches or in the other battlefields of World War 1.
- It looks like Firelock Games may be working on their own set of models for the game and it is still not known whether they will be plastic or metal.
- They plan to do them in 28mm.
How will they release the game?
- Firelock Games does not plan to take the game to Kickstarter. Looks like it will be a standard release by the end of the year.
Wrapping it up…
The above statements are based on filtering through Firelock Games’ Facebook posts about the new system. As such, these are not concrete facts yet. That said, there is a lot to be excited about here.
Thanks for reading and until next time, Happy Gaming Everyone!!!
Again, aside from writing great gaming related articles, I am also working on compiling a list of all Miniature Gaming Conventions in Ontario (Canada). If you are in Ontario, this list should be of interest to you!