Pathfinder 2nd Edition might be ready to play, but it’s not fully complete. Not without a new Gamemastery Guide, due out this January. Take a look!
DMs get a bad rap. In both D&D and Pathfinder’s releases the guide for people running the game came out last. And it makes sense. In order to play the game at all you really just need some quickstart rules in a starter box with a sample adventure. To play the game well you need the player’s handbook and core rules, as well as the monster manual or bestiary. The rest is just running the game, and how hard could that possibly be?
It’s telling that the answers to the most frequently asked questions are in the pages of the DMG/GMG and yet, on and on they are asked, even by veteran GMs. There’s a trap there, that says “I don’t need to read this book, I’ve got plenty of experience.” While rookie GMs will think “I shouldn’t read this, not ’til I have a little more understanding.” Don’t fall into that trap. Check out the Pathfinder Game Mastery Guide that comes out in January, five months after 2nd Edition was launched.
Whether you are a new Game Master or experienced storyteller, you can always find new ways to hone your craft. This 256-page Pathfinder Second Edition rulebook contains a wealth of new information, tools, and rules systems to add to your game. Inside you will find handy advice for building your own adventures, designing towns, and creating vibrant characters alongside rules systems for dramatic chases, thrilling tournaments, and deadly duels. This book also includes more 40 pages of sample nonplayer characters, from the simple town guard to the vile cultist, presented to make your job as GM that much easier!
The Pathfinder Gamemastery Guide includes:
- Rules, advice, and guidelines to build adventures, campaigns, and the denizens and treasures that lurk within, from settlements to nations to infinite planes!
- Creative variant rules to customize the rules to make the game your own, including variant bonus, feat, and magic item progressions, characters gaining the power of multiple classes at once, and more!
- All sorts of new and variant magic items including intelligent items, cursed items, artifacts, quirks you can add to items, and a brand new type of item called a relic that scales with your character!
- A catalog of subsystems to handle unique situations, from thrilling chases to researching mysteries to vehicle combat to elaborate duels to sandbox-style “hexploration” and more! Plus, a universal victory point system to help you design your own subsystems!
- More than 60 new NPCs to use in your game, designed for maximum usefulness to all Pathfinder campaigns!