The third and final chapter in the Curse of the Drachenfels story for Vermintide 2 has released. Get ready to delve into the Enchanter’s Lair.
The final installment of the Curse of the Drachenfels has arrived to Vermintide 2. Now explorers can fight their way to the heart of the villain that has been lurking in the shadows throughout the Season–the Enchanter who haunts the hierarchies of the Rotbloods, Nurgloth the Eternal.
So, what I’m hearing is that Nurgloth the Eternal is the Rotbloods’ chief soothsayer and Burblespue Halescourge’s chief rival. Seems that while Halescourge keeps his squalid little throne because of those rotten little sorceries of his, Nurgloth can see the future … or bits of it, at least. Yeah, because that’s never gone wrong for anyone. My contacts reckon he’s even caught glimpses of the Realm of Chaos, so it’s safe to say that the poor bugger’s mad as a goblin doomdiver, on top of everything else.
Problem is, a seer’s only as good as his last prediction. While Halescourge is busy turning the Reikland’s finest into seeping goo, Nurgloth looks to be losing his status. Which’d explain why he’s looking for a way to get back into his chieftain’s good graces – or possibly his recently-emptied throne. You know what these northlanders are like.
‘Course, Nurgloth could just challenge his rivals and have done, but he’s cannier than that. He’s heard about our old mate Constant Drachenfels’ fascination with daemons. Let’s face it, if you’re a maniacal daemon-cavorting northlander, Old Drachenfels can likely teach you a useful trick or two – probably not in person, mind, but he’s bound to have left some notes about the place. Maybe even the odd captive daemon or two.
Now, much as I’m all for folk bettering themselves, I don’t think we can let this proceed. True, if Nurgloth gets what he wants out of Castle Drachenfels, he’s gonna settle a few scores in the tribe first. But when that’s done? Well, that ain’t gonna end well for the Reikland, now is it? Seems we’d better give him a lesson of our own before that happens.
You can now play the third and final Chapter of the Curse of Drachenfels, Enchanter’s Lair on PC. This update consists of three new missions in total, is part of Season 2 and is free for all owners of Warhammer: Vermintide 2. You can find more information about Season 2 here.
You’ve seen him before. Now go get him, heroes!
- New Map: Enchanter’s Lair
- A batch of Weapon Skins added to Lohner’s Emporium. These may be familiar to some players just previously not available via the store.
- Righteous Stand: Fixed an issue where the end event would be super bright once the Twitch-mode Darkness mutator expired.
- Old Haunts: Fixed some spots where players could get stuck, also where they might ‘slip’ off the map.
- Old Haunts: Fixed some illogical player respawn issues.
- Old Haunts: Fixed some culling issues.
- Old Haunts: Fixed an issue where players who joined after the gargoyle head puzzle is complete would instantly complete the ‘Ahead Of Time’ challenge criteria.
- Taal’s Horn Keep: Fixed some floating props.
- Taal’s Horn Keep: Fixed performance issue in HUD.
- Weaves: Fixed culling issues in various Weaves types.
- Weaves: Bots could sometimes remain dead if they died before the Arena and not be available for rescue within the Arena. This shouldn’t be possible now.
General Fixes and Tweaks
- Added delay on kill volumes so people with bad connection wouldn’t die from touching it when they get extrapolated under the floor on server side. This should dramatically reduce those heart attack moments. Let us know if you experience them still, and specifically where you do if you do.
- Torches can now block arrows.
- Reikland Reaper – Durations are now refreshed when procced again.
- Added a notification for the host that a party member is not eligible for a particular Deed, whilst before it would start the Deed and silently kick the ineligable player.
- Fixed a LOD issue that could cause the Ravaged Art pickups to be hidden in very particular situations.
- We’ve made changes so the chat doesn’t take mouse wheel input if it’s not focused, before it would scroll when it was visible. Chat will now always scroll all the way down when it is unfocused.
- Fixed quickplay stats sometimes not getting incremented after finishing quickplay game.
- Fixed an exploit where items could be duplicated into the Salvage window.
- Fixed various crashes.
We just updated to 18.104.22.168 with some fixes.
- Fixed crashes caused by Ironbreaker’s Gromril Curse talent during the Nurgloth encounter.
- Fixed some art issues in the Enchanter’s Lair mission.
- Fixed a broken patrol route in the Enchanter’s Lair mission.
- More generic crashes fixed.
Happy hunting, heroes!