Pathfinder 2nd Edition has a new pocket sized Bestiary 2 out, as long as your pockets are capable of holding a 320 page tome.
Joke all you want about Cargo shorts–that they’re a blight on humanity. That they try to substitute substance for style, but for most people they offer neither. That they’ve made an unfortunate connection to dads and college students who don’t know any better. That they should never be worn with socks and sandals, but seem to most frequently be combined with those two–I get it. But, they can hold the Pathfinder 2nd Edition Pocket Edition rulebooks and that takes some doing.
Because each of the Pathfinder 2 books is bigger and beefier than before. Take the Bestiary, the latest book to hit a Pocket Edition. There are 360 pages in this book, each of which is packed with enough monsters to bring the total above 400 different monsters. Each one of these monsters is collected by category, and the 2nd Edition Bestiary does such a good job of adding keywords to each monster so you know what they’re doing. We’ve talked before about how the new monster system in 2nd Edition makes it a whole lot more modular, making it easier to custom-build your own monsters. And the pocket-sized books condense everything down to make them easier to carry.
Check out the Bestiary, now available in a small enough bundle for a goblin, but with a dragon hoard’s worth of monsters.
With more than 350 classic and brand new monsters, this 320-page hardcover rulebook greatly expands on the foes found in the Pathfinder Bestiary 2. From classic creatures like serpentfolk and jabberwock, returning favorites like the primal dragons or the Sandpoint devil, to brand new menaces sure to test even the bravest of heroes, this must-have tome of monsters designed to challenge characters of any level is an essential companion to your Pathfinder game!
Pathfinder Bestiary 2 includes:
- More than 350 monsters drawn from mythology, genre classics, and more than a decade of Pathfinder, with plenty of new monsters too!
- Gorgeous full-color illustrations on nearly every page!
- Detailed monster lists sorted by level, type, and rarity to help you find the right monster for any situation!
- Universal monster rules to simplify special attacks, defenses, and qualities like grab, swallow whole, and regeneration.
- Detailed lore sidebars offering additional information about even more of Pathfinder’s most popular monstrous friends and foes!