Marvel Studios wants to let fans they are back – with a look at the stories we love and what’s coming up.
The world may change and evolve, but the one thing that will never change: we’re all part of one big family.
Our first look at the cast of Eternals – directed by Oscar winner Chloé Zhao, whose signature style is obvious in even these small glimpses. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige talked about seeing footage from the movie for the first time with Variety.
“[Chloé Zhao] was really fighting for practical locations… And I had to keep saying, ‘This is right out of a camera; there’s no VFX work to this at all!’ Because it was a beautiful sunset, with perfect waves and mist coming up from the shore on this giant cliffside — really impressive stuff.”
The Eternals are Kumail Nanjiani (Kingo), Lia McHugh (Sprite), Gemma Chan (Sersi), Richard Madden (Ikarus), Angelina Jolie (Thena), Ma Dong-seok (Gilgamesh), Ridloff (Makkari), Brian Tyree Henry (Phastos), Salma Hayek (Ajak), and Barry Keoghan (Druig).
I am so ready to dive back into the big screen part of this universe.
The new slate:
- Black Widow – July 9, 2021
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings – September 3, 2021
- Eternals – November 5, 2021
- Spider-Man: No Way Home –December 17, 2021
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – March 25, 2022
- Thor: Love and Thunder – May 6, 2022
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – July 8, 2022
- The Marvels – November 11, 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – February 17, 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – May 5, 2023
- Fantastic Four – TBA
Four movies a year, and those should be a pretty solid dates given that the studio is in full production again. This fan is super stoked.
The Marvels will bring in two characters from the MCU TV series – Teyonah Parris as Monica Rambeau from Wandavision and Iman Vellani as Kamala Khan from the upcoming Ms. Marvel series (which is filming right now).