There’s a LOT of new reveals of the new Age of Sigmar Maggotkin codex for Nurgle. Let’s get started:
Cycle of Corruption: All effects happen at the start of your hero phase. Roll a dice at the start of the game to find the spot on the tree you begin. Each turn the cycle moves to the next ability, clockwise.
- Unnatural Vitality: Add 2″ to the Move characteristics of Nurgle Units.
- Fecund Vigour: Add one to wound rolls of all attacks made by Nurgle units in the Combat phase.
- The Burgeoning: roll a dice for each unit within 1″ of a terrain feature at the start of the Hero phase. On a 5+, enemy units suffer a mortal wound and Nurgle units heal one wound instead.
- Plague of Misery: Re-roll Battleshock test rolls of 1 for enemy units, excluding all Nurgle units.
- Nauseous Revulsion: Re-roll wound rolls of six or more for attacks made by enemy units, excluding Nurgle units, in the Combat phase.
- Rampant Disease: At the start of the Hero phase, pick D3 different enemy units, excluding Nurgle units, within 12””in of each other. Each units suffers D3 mortal wounds.
Corrupted Regrowth: Nurgle units heal D3 wounds at the start of their Hero phase. (You can’t roll this initially, but is on the chart)
Garden of Nurgle: Every Nurgle army gets to set up Feculent Gnarlmaw after setting up the terrain but prior to setting up the army and before choosing territory. The Gnarlmaw gives Nurgle units within 7″ of it get the ability to run and then charge.
Summon Daemons of Nurgle: Contagion points are used for summoning daemons without having to cast.
There are three different categories: Rotbringers, Nurgle Daemons, and Nurgle Mortals. All three have access to three main abilities, then three of their own, unique Command Traits.
- Grandfather’s Blessing: can move cycle of corruption at start of hero phase forward or backward by one, if General has not been slain.
- Living Plague: Roll a die for each enemy unit within 1″ your general, On a roll of 4+, that unit suffers 1 mortal wound and you gain 1 contagion point.
- Hulking Physique: add one to wound rolls for your general in assault.
- Rotbringers also have access to Avalanche of Rotten Flesh: add 2 to run or charge roll for the General.
- Nurgle Daemons have access to Pestilent Breath: pick 1 enemy unit within 6″ of the General, roll a dice for each model and on rolls of 5+sufer a mortal wound.
- Nurgle Mortals have access to Overpowering Stench: re-roll hit rolls of 6 for attacks that target your General in the combat phase.
Artefacts of Contagion – Rotbringer Heroes
- The Fecund Flask: Once per battle, roll a dice and on a 2+, regain all wounds lost by the bearer. On a 1, bearer is slain and replaced by Beast of Nurgle.
- Rust Fang: Start of combat phase, pick a unit within 3″ of the bearer and subtract 1 from that unit’s save rolls for the rest of battle.
Daemonic Boons – Nurgle Daemon Heroes
- Witherstave: Re-roll hit rolls of 6 for enemy units while within 12″ of the bearer.
- Endless Gift: Start of battleshock phase, roll a dice for every wound taken by the bearer. On a roll of 4+, heal the wound.
Plagueridden Gifts – Mortal Heroes
- Eye of Nurgle: Once per battle, at the start of the Hero Phase, roll 2D6 if there are enemy models within 12″. On a roll of 7, the closest enemy model to the bearer is slain.
- Carrion Dirge: -2 Bravery for enemy units while within 12″ of the bearer.
Lores of Nurgle
- All Wizards know Foul Regenesis: Casting 7: Move the Cycle of Corruption to any point of your choice.
- ROTBRINGER WIZARDS: Blades of Putrification: Casting 7: if cast successfully then a friendly unit within 14″. Their hit rolls of 6+ inflict mortal wound in addition to any other damage.
- DAEMON WIZARDS: Glorious Afflictions: Casting 5: 21″ range, pick a visible enemy unit. That unit’s move, run and charge rolls are halved until start of your next hero phase.
- MORTAL WIZARDS: Magnificent Buboes: Casting 7: Pick an enemy hero within 21″, they take D3 mortal wounds and subtract 1 from hit, casting, unbinding rolls until your next Hero phase.
Three Great Unclean Ones (including Rotigus)
Hungry for the Plague god’s Praise: Re-rolls of hit rolls of 1 while within 14″ of a model of this battalion. If within 14″ of two battalion models, a battalion model can re-roll wound rolls of 1.
Plague Storm of Nurgle: Successfully casting the Plague Wing spell while within 7″ of ONE other battalion model, the number of mortal wounds inflicted goes from D3 to 2D3. if within 7″ of TWO other battalion models, then the damage is increased to 3D3.
A Lord of Plagues and three units of Putrid Blight Kings as base. Re-roll all failed hit rolls for units affected by Wanton Slaughter by Batallion’s Lord of Plagues (command ability for Lord of Plagues, re-roll ones if within 7″), instead of just re-rolling ones. In Hero phase, roll a dice for each enemy unit within 3″ of any units in this Batallion and, on a six, they take D3 mortal wounds.
Menagerie of Nurgle: contains Horticulous Slimux and allows him to set up a Feculent Gnarlmaw every turn, rather than solely once per battle.
Rotigus: Deluge of Nurgle (spell) Casting 7: Roll 7 dice. If the dice roll is equal to beats the number in his damage table (4-6), pick enemy unit visible to caster and it suffers D3 mortal wounds. This spell has no range and only requires visibility.
Horticulous Slimux: Set up a Feculent Gnarlmaw within 3″ of him once per battle, at the start of the Hero Phase.
~ Looking good Nurgle!