The formations and rules are starting to trickle out…
Here’s the basics on the new book’s Formations and Detachments:
Info via GW
Triumvirate of the Imperium – a formation bringing the book’s three Imperial Heroes together.
Conclave Acquisitorius – Belisarius Cawl’s formation. Characters in this formation each carries a master-crafted weapon of some sort. The formation combines special abilities from Skitarii, Cult Mechanicus & Imperial Knights.
Grand Convocation Detachment – combines Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and Mechanicus Knights forces into one army. All vehicles in this detachment have Power of the Machine Spirit
Castellans of the Imperium – detachment grants Hatred to all units and can recycle destroyed infantry. It includes Astra Militarum, Sororitas & Space Marine forces.
Imperial Crusade Detachment – combines Black Templars and Adepta Sororitas forces into one army.
Fall of Cadia is the first book in the Gathering Storm series. A 136-page hardback narrative campaign book, it introduces the Triumvirate of the Imperium – Celestine, the Living Saint, Tech-priest of Mars Archmagos Dominus Belisarius Cawl, and Inquisitor Katarinya Greyfax of the Ordo Hereticus – and chronicles the bitter battle to protect Cadia from the grasp of Abaddon the Despoiler.
Fall of Cadia contains a wealth of new rules content for Warhammer 40,000:
– full rules for fielding Saint Celestine, Belisarius Cawl and Inquisitor Greyfax with any army of the Imperium:
– Saint Celestine confers Act of Faith on nearby units
– Belisarius Cawl confers the Canticles of the Omnissiah on nearby units
– Inquisitor Greyfax brings 6 new Inquisition Tactical Objectives
– the Triumvirate of the Imperium – a formation bringing these three characters together;
– 6 new Ecclesiarchy Relics and 6 Arcana Mechanicum, usable by Adepta Sororitas and Cult Mechanicus forces;
– the Grand Convocation and Imperial Crusade detachments – combine Cult Mechanicus, Skitarii and Mechanicus Knights in one army, and Black Templars and Adepta Sororitas in another;
– Battlezone: Empyric Storms – rules for raging Warp Storm effects, some of which can be quite drastic: potentially removing invulnerable saves, or halving the effective range of psychic powers…
– 4 new Echoes of War missions.
~More as it comes in!
Dad, Gamer, Publisher. All games all the time since junior-high. I should go outside more...