The latest installment of Pathfinder’s ongoing adventure path sends characters through a deadly desert to a lakeside city where a Great Old One slumbers…
I can tell you without looking up at the sky that the stars must be right, because Paizo’s latest installment of the Strange Aeons Adventure Path is now in stores. Now players can continue the hunt for their erstwhile employer, while GMs can cackle with mad glee at the prospect of running a Great Old One.
This book includes:
- “What Grows Within,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 13th-level characters, by John Compton.
- Examination of the fungal blot that spreads through dreams in an article about the Great Old One Xhamen-Dor, by James Jacobs.
- An exploration of the blasphemous tome known as the Necronomicon, by James Jacobs.
- An icy tomb hides a terrible secret in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by Arinn Dembo.
- A bestiary containing a new Great Old One and other hideous monsters, by John Compton, Adam Daigle, and James Jacobs.
So whether you’re looking to play the rest of the adventure path, or get some good insights (dark insights man was never meant to know) about what running a Great Old One-focused campaign is like, you’re bound to get more than you bargained for with this book.
Pathfinder Adventure Path #113: What Grows Within $24.99, PDF available Jan 25
Chapter 5: What Grows Within
By John Compton
After finding the route to the lost city of Neruzavin, the adventurers must mount an expedition into the vast and deadly desert region called the Parchlands, where they hope to catch up to their treacherous former employer. They brave the deadly desert to arrive in an abandoned city at the edge of a lake where a Great Old One slumbers. The adventurers must track Count Lowls’s party, recover a vile tome, activate the city’s Star Stelae, and perform a powerful ritual that allows them to follow the Count to Carcosa. Along the way the characters must be careful they don’t wake the slumbering Great Old One or stir up the flying polyps sealed beneath the city.
“What Grows Within” is a Pathfinder Roleplaying Game adventure for 13th-level characters. The adventure continues the Strange Aeons Adventure Path, a twisted delve into madness that pits the heroes against the cosmic horrors of the Cthulhu Mythos. A selection of new monsters, details on the great old one Xhamen-Dor, a look at the Necronomicon, and the next installment of a new Pathfinder’s Journal round out this volume of the Pathfinder Adventure Path.