Legendary designer and writer Rick Priestley takes you inside the world of Black Powder 2, showcasing the all-new edition you can grab now.
Come take a look at Black Powder 2 in action, Rick Priestley is here to demonstrate the new edition of this historic game. Take your armies into the world of Horse and Musket, where glory and battles await.
The rules are updated, tweaked, and corrected–mostly scenarios, battle reports, and special rules for commanders, some of which you can see enumerated in the video above.
Covering everything from the War of the Spanish Succession in 1705 to battles on the iNyezane – Zululand, 1879, and everything else in between in the 18th-19th centuries, Warlord has your historical wargaming covered. Here’s the snazzy looking new book:
This book describes the Black Powder game and its various procedures and rules as played by the authors and their friends. The authors’ aim is to enable and encourage the reader to recreate the great battles of the 18th and 19th centuries with armies of model soldiers on the tabletop.
As well as providing for the fundamentals of warfare such as the command of troops, movement on the battlefield, the effects of musketry and artillery, and the role of morale, the book includes numerous examples of further rules allowing the player to tailor games to their own preferences.
In addition, twelve complete examples of Black Powder battles are included, embracing a range of conflicts throughout the period covered.
- Battle of Elixheim – War of the Spanish Succession, 1705
- Battle of Clifton Moor – Jacobite Rising, 1745
- Raid on Fort Ligonier – French and Indian War, 1758
- Battle of Chinsurah – Seven Years’ War, 1759
- Battle of Bunker Hill – American War of Independence, 1775
- Battle of North Point – The War of 1812, 1814
- Quatre Bras – Napoleonic War, 1815
- The Eve of Waterloo – Napoleonic War, 1815
- Battle of Kernstown – American Civil War, 1862
- Battle of Antietam – American Civil War, 1862
- Battle of Dead Man’s Creek – Sioux War, 1876-77
- Action on the iNyezane – Zululand, 1879
If you order direct with Warlord you’ll get a free exclusive miniature, the Master and Commander, John Lucky! This guy:
~How many of you folks play historicals like Black Powder and Bolt Action? Give us some shout outs.