ATSKNF (HUGE!) This is arguable better than fearless in a lot of situations, especially now that you will auto-regroup on the turn after you break, regardless of the proximity of the enemy.
Slow and Purposeful (Ghaz [or any mega-armored model] with Lootas can now move, shoot and assault!)
Acute Senses (Wolves attached to a unit can reroll outflank, not bad in a blob with Al’Rahem for example!)
Counter Attack only effects the models with the rule in a unit, a lot of people (myself included) missed that part of the rule.
Fearless (HUGE!!!!!!) This is a game changer. Fealress is VERY powerful now, and can be gotten quite easily. Tar-Pit-a-go-go!
Hit and Run. This is REALLY important to keep units from being tar-pitted, especially considering Fearless saves are gone. A good counter to that counter is to use a second unit to wrap the unit you are trying to tar pit as it can Hit and Run though the unit it is engaged with, but not the second wrap unit. (Khan is a boss with this rule and his bike making him toughness 5, and granting ATSKNF means he is a great addition to a Deathstar).
Infiltrate. Think about what you can do with this, units can get a big boost up field. You can infiltrate in a Transport now (infiltrate a Land Raider, just for fun!), but if an IC doesn’t have infiltrate and is with a unit, he can only outflank with them but not infiltrate. However, if the IC has infiltrate, he confers it onto the squad and Dedicated Transports.
Move Through Cover
Night Vision (Dark Eldar/Eldar Combo. Stick an Archon in a unit of Firedragons and no worries about Night Fighting for example)
Outflank (Saga of the Hunter!)
Preferred Enemy (Necron Destroyer Lord gives it to a unit, yowzers!)
Shrouded and Stealth (Tau and Harlies can pull some cool tricks with this one!)
Skilled Rider (Shinning Spears may be useable now, as they have Hit and Run, too! Also, ICs no longer automatically have Skilled Rider, a change I missed at first).
Tank Hunters (this is pretty huge, too, which again with allies becomes pretty dang good)
So how to handle this? You need to be aware of how these rules interact on the table top so that you are not surprised when you encounter them. You also need to know which ICs can give these to which units when you are building your list and planning for others. When you consider allies, the amount of variables goes way up and the power levels do too which can be a good or bad thing depending on your perspective.
Divination is a school of powers for this (and for everything, really) as the default power is essentially guide, but better (works in assault, too and 12″ range). One of the best solutions to this dilemma we’ve discussed is an idea Spacecurves had of simply allowing 1 or more objectives on the table to always give Skyfire. I think this is an easy solution that players and TO’s can implement into their games.
- Hammer of Wrath only works for the MODELS that make it into BtB on the charge move. That means that any jumpers that don’t make it into BtB on the charge don’t get the attack.
- You can fire emplaced weapons (such as Quad Guns) with all of the firing models’ characteristics. For example if you have Tank Hunters, Preferred Enemy or Precision Strike, you confer those to the gun.
- We have found nothing stopping enemy models from firing your emplaced guns…which I found out the hard way when mine was used to shoot down my own Flyer!
- Draigo can’t actually take any of the Psychic powers in the BRB contrary to what a lot of folks think (don’t worry about him getting to reroll everything!) only Libbys and Inquisitors in the GK Dex can swap out their powers.
- If you stay 3” away from an objective to claim it, and you roll a 1 (the explosion) on the mysterious objective table, the blast marker won’t reach out far enough to hit you.
- You can deploy 6” out of a Drop Pod!
- Ymgarls, Zagstruk and Vanguard Vets can all still assault out of Reserves.
- Grenades hit on normal WS in assault and now work on MCs. Don’t forget to throw them, too.
- Every Imperial Guard Sarge should have a Power Axe!
- Eldar psychic powers only work on Eldar units.
- Jump troops can only use their packs in the movement OR assault phase, but not both.