GW had a LOT to say at their Adepticon Product Seminar about future 40K rules. Let’s get started gamers:
Here’s the rundown from our reporter in the room:
Seminar was given by Andy Smilie & Pete Foley
Here’s the rundown on what was shown and discussed for the future of the game:
Started with a joke video of Duncan testing an exploding drop-pod and a plastic Thunderhawk box 🙂
Want to bring the General’s Handbook’s “3 ways to play” back to 40K.
Prospective Test Rules were discussed.
- Command Points: There is a desire to reward players for building thematic armies – “re-rolls and cool faction rules as a reward”
- Movement Phase: The Movement Stat returns! Goodbye generic movement.
- Shooting: Armor Save modifiers return.
- Assault Phase: A shift to Charging units fighting first, instead of Initiative based. A desire to reward successful charges.
- Morale: Desire for Ld. stat to matter. Testing out the Age of Sigmar Battleshock Test mechanic.
Death Guard: Direct Quote “That scythe could probably kill a Primarch”
~Have at it folks – there is a LOT in there to digest.