Come and join the BoLS Crew as we take a look through the Grey Knights Codex!
The Grey Knights Codex is coming out soon and we’ve got our hands on a copy. Come check out this codex full of sanctimonious psychic powers and weaponry enough to strike fear into the hearts of Chaos. Although, since neither Adam Harry nor I are sanctioned psykers, we’re probably going to end up on the wrong end of some kind of exterminatus. Which, really, it’s for our own good.
The Grey Knights Codex, much like the Chaos Space Marines one, is another of the fine-tuning codexes. It provides all the things needed to turn the Grey Knights from special section in the Index to a real faction–present are the same relics, warlord traits, psychic powers, and the like that come with “being an army that has a Codex.” And it works for them rather well. No crazy new units in this one–though they do get the Grandmaster in a Nemesis Dreadknight which is a pretty spicy upgrade for the exosuit.
The Sanctic discipline is expanded out to 6 powers and is available to most of the units in this army. Of note: it’s available to the Chaplain, making them perhaps the only psychic chaplain in the game. The combo of their melee abilities with the melee-boosting psychic powers available to the discipline makes for a powerful punch.
And of course the faction is filled out with access to the full range of Storm ____ flyers, and datasheets for all the units updated and included in one book. On a personal note–I really like this faction. I haven’t played it–but they seem like a fast, hard-hitting army with their teleportation shenanigans. And I really like seeing that option available to armies that aren’t necessarily vehicle heavy. At any rate, you can find more details about the Grey Knights below.
Chanting rites of banishment, the elite brotherhoods of the Grey Knights stride fearlessly into battle against the worst horrors of the galaxy. They wear blessed silver battle-plate and wield potent weapons of purgation, each a master-wrought relic whose worth can be measured in worlds. Every battle-brother of this Chapter is a powerful psyker, his will an adamant fortress and his mental powers a honed blade. As the galaxy becomes ever darker, the selflessly heroic Grey Knights fight unbowed.
Codex: Grey Knights contains a wealth of background and rules – the definitive book for Grey Knights collectors. Within this 102-page hardback, you’ll find:
– The Emperor’s Gift: a glimpse into the mysteries of the Grey Knights, their secretive history, the fortress on Titan where they are created and laid to rest and the rituals and canticles that define their struggle against daemonkind; – The unique organisation of the Grey Knights – defined by their struggle against the Dark Gods, this Chapter is split into 8 Brotherhoods, each detailed here;
– Heraldry of Titan: details of the unique heraldry and armour etchings borne by this Chapter;
– A timeline of the Grey Knights, from their origins beneath a veil of secrecy, major battles and struggles leading up to the current dire state of the galaxy – and the Grey Knights’ potential, drastic strategic response to this;
– Background and details on each character and unit available to a Grey Knights army;
– A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, depicting the colour schemes of the Grey Knights expertly painted by the ‘Eavy Metal team.
Everything you need to get a Grey Knights army primed for heroic combat against the daemonic threat in games of Warhammer 40,000 is here:
– 32 datasheets containing rules for every Grey Knights unit;
– Army abilities reflecting the Grey Knights’ methods of war;
– The Armoury of Titan: wargear both ranged and close-combat used by the Grey Knights;
– Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
– The Hammer of Daemons: rules for Battle-forged armies:
– 6 unique Warlord Traits,
– 16 unique Stratagems (with a focus on the psychic might of this army),
– the Relics of Titan (6 rare artefacts unique to the Grey Knights),
– the unique Sanctis psychic discipline, available to all Grey Knights psykers;
– 6 unique Tactical Objectives.
Smite every daemon! If you think you see a daemon? Smite it! If you think you haven’t seen a daemon, smite anyway just to be safe.