The second half of the Dead Suns Adventure Path looms, and with it, some big news.
Something big looms in the future of Starfinder. 2018 heralds the second half of the first adventure path: Dead Suns. And coinciding with the conclusion of the Adventure Path due out in August, marking the one-year anniversary of the sci-fantasy game’s stellar debut, Paizo has announced a change to the way their future AP’s will work.
Starting in August of 2018, Starfinder Adventure Paths will be switching to monthly releases! Moreover, we’ll see a new form of AP that releases in 3-month cycles, but still presents a full campaign. This means in 2018 you’ll still get 2 new Adventure Paths, which is in line with their recently announced new goal of two different campaigns per year. They’ll still be keeping to the 6-month format ad well, but this marks a new option for Paizo, who are quick to assure that we’ll still be getting full-featured campaigns, whatever the release schedule:
Whether it’s three volumes or six, the Starfinder Adventure Path will still have all of the same content you’ve come to expect. In addition to the adventures themselves, each volume features additional articles that provide more detail on the Starfinder campaign setting and present new options for players, as well as new alien creatures in the Alien Archives, a new planet to explore in the Codex of Worlds, and a new starship in every installment.
You can read more about the first 3-month adventure path, Against the Aeon Throne right here. Or check out the fourth installment of Dead Suns below.
The Ruined Clouds – $22.99
Still on the heels of the Devourer cult, the heroes head to a distant, uncharted star system, where they find the ruins of an ancient alien city floating in the atmosphere of a gas giant. Exploring the ruins, they encounter the degenerate descendants of a highly advanced species that once controlled the lost superweapon the heroes are searching for. Through the legends and superstitions of these primitive folk, the heroes can piece together clues to the superweapon’s hidden location and the key to unlocking its power—an impossibly huge megastructure that the Cult of the Devourer is intent on seizing!
This volume of Starfinder Adventure Path continues the Dead Suns Adventure Path and includes:
- “The Ruined Clouds,” a Starfinder adventure for 7th-level characters, by Jason Keeley.
- Details about the Drift, the mysterious plane of existence revealed by the god Triune that allows faster-than-light travel, including information about notable locations such as the holy city of Alluvion and the dangerous doldrums, by Joe Pasini.
- A gazetteer of Istamak, the floating city of Nejeor VI where the descendants of a once-powerful star empire struggle to survive in the ruins of their ancestors’ civilization, by Jason Keeley.
- An archive of new creatures, from living holograms and twisted mutants to supernatural agents of the Devourer, by Jason Keeley and Owen K.C. Stephens.
- Statistics and deck plans for a new starship from the secretive Azlanti Star Empire, plus an overview of the gas giant Nejeor VI in the Codex of Worlds, by Jason Keeley.