One of the armies featured in my Tanksgiving report back in early December sparked a bit of interest from some of our readers so I decided to revisit that army with the kind assistance of its owner and creator. While the Tanksgiving report focused on the vehicle models, this article will highlight the troops. The army is a Dark Angels Successor Chapter painted primarily in the colors of Blood Red and Bleached Bone with gold and green accents.
Here’s a brief photographic showcase of some of the highlights of this unusual two-tone painted army. A variety of troop types are shown. Note the custom red brick basing throughout the model collection. This army always sparks interest and excitement when it appears in games at my local Battle Bunker. If you wish to see the vehicles again, please revisit the first and second Tanksgiving report. Enjoy!
For those interested in how this color scheme was achieved, here’s a list of colors used and their order of layering:
– Blood Red over Mechrite Red over Black (Blazing Orange highlights)
– Bleached Bone over Dheneb Stone (50/50 Bone/White highlights)
– Brown Ink for recesses (Devlin Mud now) on bone color
– Badab black wash or watered down Chaos Black for red shading
– Shining Gold -> Burnish Gold -> 50/50 Burnish Gold/Mythril Silver