Here’s a list of the special events for the Glen Burnie Battle Bunker Birthday Bonanza, Saturday, April 4, 10 AM to 9 PM. Note that the special “Celebrate the Day” merchandise will also be available for purchase that day. This may be the biggest Celebrate the Day store event ever!
– Army Speed/Batch Painting: Learn tricks to get your army painted and ready for battle in a short amount of time.
– “The Mighty Gift” LotR Game: Bring 250 points of LotR for an epic battle that will change the fate of Middle Earth.
– “And So It Begins” War of the Ring Battle: The massive battle for the “Rally the Troops” national event. The gigantic War of the Ring battle will cater to both brand new players and experienced gamers alike. Bring your War of the Ring army and get ready for war!
– “Bad Moon Birthday Brawl!” 40K Extravaganza: Bring 1000 pts (no Force Org.) plus one Super-heavy of your choice to this gigantic 40K birthday event. A planetary governor has been targeted by Warboss Gazbag Moonrippa. Will you help him escape the planet or will you collect the bounty?
– “Rise of the Warlord” Fantasy Campaign: This event will be a massive Fantasy campaign in a day. The mightiest warlords from the Fantasy world will gather for the ultimate contest of skill and generalship. Will you be crowned the Warlord of the Fantasy Realm or left bleeding in the dirt? Bring 1500 points (standard organization) with a 500 pt. sidebar and crush your enemies beneath your feet!
– Advanced Painting Master Class: Learn advanced painting techniques for your army from Golden Demon winning painters.
There will also be the unveiling of a massive Birthday Banner for the staff that everyone can sign. If you have any questions, please contact the store at 410-590-8675. The Emperor Wants You To Celebrate This Day!
I’ve been asked to assist with some of the model painting instruction being given that day, a request to which I’ve gladly agreed. I’ve been to four of these Celebrate the Day events in the past and they are always fun. This one has more special events planned than any I’ve been to previously so it should be a pretty full and entertaining day no matter what game system or aspect of the hobby one enjoys. I hope some of you out there can make it.
On the subject of new store openings, it looks like the new GW store at Fair Oaks Hobby Center, Fairfax, VA will be opening on or about April 16. There’s a possibility that I’ll be assisting with the festivities on the first Saturday, April 18, much as I did at the Olney store a few months ago. If you have questions about any of the new store openings this spring, please contact GW for more information.