News drifts over from across the pond…
The GD Spain presentation was given by Robin Cruddace, (of Codex: Imperial Guard). He laid out several products in the channel up until August, including Planetstrike and Planetary Empires. He noted that all the new kits (such as the Ironclad) are plastic and that even newer armies (such as the Eldar) will be recieving updates here and there in plastic.
Cruddace was asked about the Space Wolves, and while not giving out a launch date, he did confirm the Studio was working on not only the Wolves, but the Blood Angels and Black Templars.
He was also asked about the Dark Eldar. Jes Goodwin had still not completed work on them, so even if Games Workshop rushed the current assets into production, they would still be a year off.
Summary of Presentation Tidbits:
1. Dark Eldar. At least one year from now. Probably more.
2. Blood Angels & Black Templar: In works right now.
3. Space Wolves codex is complete, off to localization.
4. Necron and Tyranids: In the works.
5. Chaos Legion Codices: Inconclusive talks have been had and they are not on the current planning schedule.
6. Legend & Heraldry of Imperial Guard: Maybe if the new book for Imperium (Empire?) Legend & Heraldry has good acceptance.
~It would seem that GW is almost proceeding on a miniature upgrade schedule that is directly targeting and removing the hybrid plastic-metal kits as they move through the armies, followed by all-metal kits. They appear to be dead serious about knocking as much metal out of their product line as possible.
1) This is our first rumors post regarding 2010 and what may be beyond the Space Wolves!
2) I bet you could look at the existing Wolves mini range and take an educated guess as to what GW would be most keen on replacing with new plastic goodness.