MBG here with how I spent last weekend; converting, lol. I messed around with all the new Necron bits, and made conversions for all the units not released yet – including this Cryptek with Temorstave conversion I came up with.
He seems to be the one people are fielding in most their lists so I started with this guy first, and had a lot of fun converting him up!
I was inspired by the codex Necrons Artwork, and the finecast model itself, but chose not to go with a cape on this guy because of the cost.
- Necrons Lychguards / Triarch Praetorian Legs x5 Bits
- Necrons Lychguards / Triarch Praetorian Groin Tabard & Tails
- Necrons Lychguards / Triarch Praetorian Weapon Shaft
- Necrons Triarch Praetorians Displacment Packs Torso Backs Bits
- Necrons Deathmarks Heads x5 Bits
- Necrons Command Barge Pilot & Gunner Bits Pack
- Necrons Triarch Particle Caster Bits x5
- Necrons Deathmarks Synaptic Disntegrators x5 Snipers Bits
I put the command barge crew, particle casters, and Deathmark guns as “optional” because really I just used one part off each for the staff. You can find other cool bits here and there in the kits to use for the staff as well, I just liked the look these bits made.
But you may want them anyways, as some of the other conversions I made over the weekend (and will be posting up soon) use bits from these packs too. Plus if you just get a box of Lychguards, the extra bits really don’t add to the cost that much if you are making a bunch at once.
Also another trip up for us know it alls, read the instructions- seriously. These new kits are designed to go together a certain way- anything else will meet with certain failure. These legs will only go with one set of staves…. (again ask me how i know… double sigh).
Just flip them over and glue em down on the shoulders.
I kept the remaining shaft from the harness to use later on the tremor stave as a focusing crystal. Then I attached the two flat parts together and and capped it with the focusing crystal bit
What do you think, did I pull off the look and feel of a Cryptek? -MBG