You heard that right – there is word swirling around the tubes that Games Workshop is bringing out a release process long thought extinct. Details after the jump…
There are conflicting details of exact kits involved, but the meat of the rumors are that the 100% linking of miniature releases to the currently released Codex/Army Book are coming to an end. In a return to the days of many years past we can look for independent minis being released that will be sprinkled around the various factions all during 2014.
Maybe it was the realization that people don’t like to wait 6 years for new minis for their armies, or maybe GW REALLY, REALLY wants out of Finecast but here are the details we got:
– A range of 30-40 minis are planned
– These are split across 40k and WFB
– None of these are named characters (which will remain small batch runs in resin of some type)
– All of these are currently Finecast or originally metal kits
– Most will be single minis redone as plastic clampacks (mainly HQs), while some may be smaller kits. Large kits and vehicles will wait till their faction books come around.
– Released roughly 3 per month, probably tied into the new weekly release schedule.
Commonly named culprits are:
What is at the top of your list of tired old dog minis that needs to go to a clampack plastic mini?