More details arrive on the contents of End Times-III and the twisting ultimate fate of the Elves!
Here’s the latest on this week’s upcoming End Times III:
Hannimar’s (Warseer) video Observations:
Art at 0:08
– look to the skies on the left side of the picture. Khaine battling Asuryan?
– I think we can see Alith Anar on the cliff to the left.
– clearly three Elven races are at war against each other.
– centre-right. Is that Tyrion dueling against Malekith? Their helms look right, but Tyrion’s sword doesn’t look like Sunfang.
Art at 0:19
– Allarielle, Alith Anar, some shadow warriors and…?
– Who are those Elves shown on the far right picture? Clearly we have an Asur, Asrai and Druchii.
– Malus, Imrik and some Wood Elf plotting against their rulers?
Art at 1:00
– Malekith/Tyrion draws the Widowmaker or…
– Khaine is shattered into pieces like in 40k and new shrines arise where Elves can pray for the Avatar to lead them at times of war? (more $$ for GW)
via Felwether (Warseer)
New WD just landed in. The book contains rules for characters including Malekith, Tyrion, Imrik, some chap called the Eternity King and The Avatar of Khaine.
Apparently there are “amazing changes to how magic works in the End Times” and it looks like each lore gets a new spell, there’s a preview in the magazine but I don’t have time to type it out now.
They talk about the lists in the magazine: There is the host of the phoenix king which seems to be a combined asur, asrai, druchii army under malekith and teclis and the aestyrion, who are loyal to tyrion.
There is a third list mentioned but no details given other than: “in warhammer: Khaine there is, once and for all, an absolute winner in the war for the phoenix crown. The third army represents the elves that survive.”
Holy crap, just noticed that there are magic cards being released!
“In a game set during the End Times, Wizards of Level 3 or higher know End Times spells in addition to the other spells that they know. Each different End Times spell can be cast only once per Magic phase and cannot be dispelled if successfully cast (see page 8).
Most End Times spells are extensions of existing Lores of Magic and benefit from the lore attribute of their parent lore in the usual way. Any Wizard who knows the lore in question will also know any End Times spells associated with that lore. Some End Times spells are not associated with any lore (for example, Conjure Arcane Fulcrum) on page 10). These spells can be used by any wizard, unless they state otherwise.”
Battle Magic: End Times consists of 22 cards so it would seem that there are quite a few spells.
Also, it’s stated in WD that Tyrion draws the Widowmaker, not Malekith.
There’s a picture of Malekith, Teclis and the Everqueen at the head of a combined Asur, Asrai and Druchii army. This is ‘The Host of the Phoenix King’ list.
Malekith is stated as being the sole claimant to the Phoenix Crown and there’s a suggestion that Tyrion might actually be the bad guy.