The Tabletop Spotlight is on Battletome Sylvaneth – The Treekin march for war!
Hey again BoLS Readers! AdamHarry here and I know everyone has seen the news – The Sylvaneth army has arrived and is quickly becoming quite hard to find for sale! Luckily our friends at Dragon’s Lair Comics & Fantasy snagged us a copy of the Battletome for the army so we could at least take a look inside:
This is the first Battletome designed for a Post-General’s Handbook release. It actually comes with a surprising number of additions compared to previous Battletomes. Most Battletomes up to this point had Battleplans (aka missions) that followed the narrative part of the books, Warscrolls for the army and Battalions for use with their respective army. The Sylvaneth Battletome is the first to also include Rites of Battle, New Spell Lores, and Artefacts of the Glades which are unique artifacts your army can use. The only thing this book does have is points – which are all found in the General’s Handbook.
The book is also packed with tons of cool art work showcasing the army. It also has lots of great pictures of the miniatures as well as unique color schemes for a slew of forest-spirit armies. If you’re looking for some inspiration on what color schemes to paint your army – this book has you covered! A lot of work went into creating new Wargroves for the army, complete with art, background, unique colors and organizational structure. It’s really well done!
Overall, it’s a 144 pages of great stuff for Sylvaneth players, but also if you’re curious about what the heck happened to them post-end times. This sets the stage from their point of view and helps you understand what the Tree-Spirit army’s goals are. If you’re interested in that type of thing then you should certainly check this book out!
Battletome: Sylvaneth $49.50
The air sings with glorious life magic as the children of Alarielle surge into battle. The reborn goddess of war leads from the front as glorious Wyldwoods burst forth from the heaving ground, called into being by ancient spirits. Determined to protect the Realm of Life, mighty Wargroves advance, crushing enemies with the inexorable strength of nature. Outcasts and Free Spirits strike suddenly and without warning, slaughtering the foe mercilessly to cleanse the tainted land. The sylvaneth’s rebirth will be remembered as a harbinger of absolute vengeance.
This 144 page hardback Battletome contains:
Exclusive gaming content:
- Rites of Battle: potent abilities that can be conferred on armies with the Sylvaneth allegiance, and Command Traitsthat can be used by their generals;
- Spell Lores: powerful magic, both defensive and offensive, specifically for sylvaneth wizards;
- Artefacts of the Glades: relics of war, usable by sylvaneth heroes;
- 3 Battleplans, helping you to fight glorious battles based on the narrative leading up to them;
- 5 Warscroll Battallions, collections of miniatures who gain special abilities when combined;
- 8 special Warscroll Battalions called Wargroves. These give you even more special abilities, magic items, command traits and spells;
- 1 Historical Battalion, the Guardians of Alarielle, which recreates the alliance between the sylvaneth and the Stormcast Eternals;
- details of the history and organisation of the sylvaneth, with full background for every unit, character and monster in the faction.
All you need to start collecting Sylvaneth:
the story of Alarielle’s rebirth, the swelling of the sylvaneth ranks and their pledge of vengeance against Chaos;
tips for collecting sylvaneth miniatures and rules that allow you to play games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar with them.
Hey Chaos – you might have just barked up the wrong tree…