40k: Ynnari Army Special Rules
The Aeldari’s new god brings many battlefield benefits. Behold the fruits of Ynnead.
Fracturing of Biel-Tan has bee sighted in the wild. Let’s take a look at exactly how this new unified Eldar army of Ynnead works on the tabletop.
Take a look at these images from one lucky gamer (Dakka’a Garion) who has a copy of the new book:
Strength from Death Thoughts
- We’ve seen armies get better as they kill things, but this one gets free actions as stuff dies around it.
- Note it’s any death, friend or foe.
- Obviously, armies with MSU provide more opportunities for Strength from Death than fewer larger units.
- The free shooting attack is going to be brutal, as will the free charge moves.
- We will have to wait to see if this can be stacked with things like Battle Focus or Power from Pain, but it has the potential to get really scary really fast.
Though they long ago learned how to stave off the vile attention of She Who Thirsts – known as Slaanesh in the tongues of men – the Time of Ending yet tightens its grip on the Eldar. No matter the methods they use to escape the notice of the god who haunts them, the Eldar sacrifice much in the process.
Some Eldar refuse to abandon the glorious dream of building their ancient empire anew – or at least burning brightly before the end. Eldrad Ulthran, High Farseer of Craftworld Ulthwé, puts into place a plan to bring forth Ynnead, the slumbering God of the Dead. A daemonic host assaults Biel-Tan, corrupting its infinity circuit. Unlikely alliances are formed in the face of desperation. And the Gathering Storm darkens over the entire galaxy…
Fracture of Biel-Tan is the second book in the Gathering Storm series. A 136-page hardback, it introduces the Triumvirate of Ynnead – The Visarch, Sword of Ynnead, Yvraine, Emissary of Ynnead and The Yncarne, Avatar of Ynnead – and chronicles the desperate battle to determine the future of the Eldar, and the uneasy alliance that will potentially dictate the fate of the galaxy.
Fracture of Biel-Tan is packed with new rules content for Warhammer 40,000:
– Forces of the Aeldari – with these sections of background and rules, you can combine Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins and Ynnari models (including the new Triumvirate of Ynnead) into a single combined force in games of Warhammer 40,000;
– 5 new Formations, Artefacts, Tactical Objectives, the Revenant Psychic Discipline, Army rules and Warlord Traits for the Ynnari faction;
– Datasheets for Yvraine, the Visarch and the Yncarne, as well as datasheets for the Black Guardians of Ulthwé;
– Rules for weapons and equipment used by Craftworld Ulthwé’s strike forces;
– Echoes of War missions – replay key battles from the Fracture of Biel-Tan.
~And you thought the Eldar were bad now…