As 8th approaches, the rumor tongues are wagging. Here’s the latest on what’s inside the box and GW’s 8th strategy.
The Mystery Image
This image is doing the rounds and everyone and their brother is reporting that it may show the 8th Ed Boxed set. Grab your magnifying glasses as there are some minis over there on the left that look very similar to the Death Guard minis unveiled at Adepticon.
Above image blown up – start looking close.
I think I see this guy up there in the middle of the table. See him?
The Boxed Set Contents
Latest rumors building on yesterday’s set say look for this:
Initial pre-orders June 3rd, or June 17th (conflicting info)
- Ultramarines vs Death Guard
- Chaos Cultists
- Death Guard Plague Marines
- Death Guard Terminators
- Chaos Lord
- Nurgle Drones
- Mairne Tactical Squads
- Assault squad
- Devastator Squad
- Gameplay accessories (dice, tokens etc…)
- Rulebook (softcover)
- Campaign book w/missions
Now look at that pic up there and start counting…
The Age of Sigmar Battletome will become the template for future 40K Codices. So look for the same structure to come to the Grimdark with:
- Army special rules
- Warlord Traits
- Psychic powers
- Units / Formation listings (everything will cost points, just as in AoS)
- Special rules and missions for the “General’s Handbook” three styles of play, transcribed to 40K.