One of the new ships from the last Kickstarter is going to be available soon – check it out!
In the most recent Kickstarter Spartant gave backers the ability to create a new vehicle for the game. This addition for Britannia was created by Dayve Walsh and brought to furtion by the Spartan team.
The HMS Sussex is part of the fall of Singapore, and the background of the Bronze Typhoon Campaign. It’s spawns an entirely new Royal Canadian Navy to form.
- Nation: Kingdom of Britannia
- Famous Named Ship: HMS Sussex
- Classification: Albion Class Demi-Dreadnought
- Designation: Naval Capital Ship. Squadron Size 1
- A hulking and aged vessel. Older in design concept than the current naval designs of the Kingdom of Britannia (KoB), this was the first Demi-Dreadnought for the nation. Built from a rugged non-military vessel and heavily modified for war, the core concept behind it being a line breaker. Ploughs into a line of enemy ships, crosses the “T” and unloads a powerful payload of broadside torpedoes and gunnery.
- Layers of segmented ablative armour padding. More pronounced and “featured” than those found in Russia. This is a modified ship and as such has a large amount of ablative plates and modifications to make it more durable for its close quarter action.
- First generation External Shield Generator. One of the first of its kind, whilst bleeding edge technology it needed an air of sophistication and complicated craftsmanship. Built into the hull it carries special rules that mean things don’t always go to plan!
- A staggering Broadside capability! Able to swivel slightly, but only capable of firing in a Broadside Arc, these guns are the “main” armament of the vessel. Huge amounts of attack power out the flanks.
- Behind the prow of the Sussex sits a powerful breach Mortar weapon. Fires in a fixed straight channel. The idea being to bombard the enemy as the Sussex steams in to unleash its crushing Broadside weaponry!
- Under the port and starboard Broadsides are a row of Torpedo tubes, popping out from behind the armour plating that runs along the sides.
- A powerful engine system, now bolstered with Sturginium boosting technology, propels this beast of a vessel.