Star Wars DESTINY: FFG Introduces Draft Play & Set
FFG just rolled out a new DRAFT set for Star Wars Destiny and talks about how it’s all going to work.
Here’s the new Draft Set:
Rivals Draft Set $14.95
Fantasy Flight Games is proud to present the Star Wars: Destiny Rivals Draft Set, the backbone of a brand-new way to play Star Wars: Destiny.
Star Wars: Destiny Rivals introduces a new way to play Destiny in the form of draft and sealed events. Playing in a draft requires each player to have one Rivals Draft Set and six booster packs of any set.
A Star Wars: Destiny Draft event will feature every player opening three booster packs, selecting one card to take from the pack and passing the remaining cards to their left for that player to select a card and pass. Once these cards have all been selected, the next three packs are opened and players pass right. When all is said-and-done, players will have thirty cards from the booster packs as well as the twenty cards featured in their Rivals Draft Set to construct a twenty-to-thirty card deck. A player can add as many copies of a card to a deck as they want, and hero, villain, and neutral cards can all be intermixed in the same deck in the draft format.
The Rivals Draft Set includes twenty cards that are meant to supplement the cards you draft from Booster Packs. With characters, supports, upgrades, and events of every color, the Rivals Draft set gives you all the tools you need to construct a successful deck. Every card featured in Rivals is legal for constructed play in Destiny, and makes for a great way to expand your collection.
Draft Play Basics
- Every player will open three booster packs and combine the cards into a single pack.
- Every player will select a single card from the pack and pass the remaining cards to their left for the next player to select a single card before passing the pack on again.
- Once all of these cards have all been selected, the next three packs are opened and players draft cards again, passing in the opposite direction.
- When the draft is finished, you and each of your fellow players will have thirty cards from the booster packs and the twenty cards featured in their Rivals Draft Set to construct a deck of twenty to thirty cards.
- You can add as many copies of a card to a deck as you want, even crossing the boundaries of morality to mix hero, villain, and neutral cards in the same deck.
Sealed Play Event
- Every player starts with eight booster packs and opens all of them, ending up with forty cards from the booster packs and the twenty cards in the Star Wars: Destiny Rivals Draft Set to construct a deck.
~What do you think about the new Draft format?