Geekery: TV News Dump – Lost Boys, Resident Evil, Umbrella Academy, & More
It’s the end of the week and there’s more news than I have days for, so you know what time it is… it’s roundup time. New trailers for Umbrella Academy and The Boys, plus a bunch of new series announcements.
Let’s jump right in….
- Horror anthology series Folklore is making its way to HBO on February 1st
- The Expanse seasons 1-3 (36 episodes) will drop on Amazon February 8 worldwide
- Eli Roth’s History of Horror drops on Shudder February 21
- She-Ra and the Princesses of Power new season drops April 26 on Netflix
- The CW has officially picked up a pilot for a series based on 1980s classic The Lost Boys
- The Riverdale Universe is being expanded with a Katy Keene series, also on the CW
- Netflix is reviving Unsolved Mysteries – they’ve ordered 12 episodes
- Netflix has ordered a Resident Evil series in partnership with Constantin Film
- Shudder’s Creepshow revival is set to start filming soon with director Greg Nicotero
- Ridley Scott’s series about kids being raised by robots – Raised by Wolves – has set its main cast
- Sandra Bullock and Netflix are teaming up again for Reborn based on the Mark Millar and Greg Capullo comic
Umbrella Academy – The new adaptation of Gerard Way and Gabriel Ba’s cult favorite comic will debut on Netflix February 15. Set in an alternate 1989, billionaire Reginald Hargreeves adopts seven survivors of 43 freak pregnancies (the mothers weren’t pregnant when they woke up the day they gave birth). They become a dysfunctional family of superheroes, and eventually parted ways due to their differences. The series starts just as they are coming back together to say some not so great things at Hargreeves’ funeral…