The Space Wolves are getting a new unit that seems awfully familiar. Come take a look at the new models and help us figure out what it all means!
Games Workshop is hosting the Horus Heresy Weekender and it’s been packed with lots of cool reveals. One of the strangest ones to me was the new Space Wolves unit. Here – take a look:
via Warhammer Community
“…the Deathsworn – a brutal Space Wolves unit made up of those for whom the then-nascent Curse of the Wulfen was more of a blessing…”
Wait a minute…
- Space Marine Close Combat Unit? Check.
- But not ‘Vanilla’ Marines? Check.
- Wearing Black Armor? Check.
- Skull Motif? Well, Wolf-skulls, but yes – Check.
- Some type of genetic “Curse” defect? Check.
- “Death” in the name? Check!
Okay. So the Space Wolves are getting their own version of Pre-Heresy Death Company. But we’re calling them “Deathsworn” instead? You know what…fine. That’s fine. Everything is fine.
Enjoy your NOT-Death Company Space Wolf players. Just keep them on a leash and don’t let them drool everywhere. We know what happens when you let them loose:
Death brings company to the Horus Heresy: Fleas.