Codex Chaos Space Marines (II) is here. Here’s our look inside the book!
Codex Chaos Space Marines is the first faction to get it’s second codex. It’s a mighty tome with 176 pages, and come alongside a massive release of 12 new kits. Let’s sit down and go through the new book.
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
This Book Contains:
– Lore and art exploring the history and goals of the Chaos Space Marines
– A showcase of beautifully painted miniatures
– 53 datasheets providing rules for using Chaos Space Marines in your games of Warhammer 40,000, including a datasheet for the Noctilith Crown scenery piece
– Profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Chaos Space Marines, including 5 different Chaos icons
– Legion Traits – specific special rules for the Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Emperor’s Children, and Renegade Chapters
– 24 unique Stratagems, including 7 specific to particular Legions
– Prayers to the Dark Gods: 6 prayers for any Chaos Space Marines with the Priest keyword and 4 Mark of Chaos prayers for those dedicated to a singular deity
– The Dark Hereticus and Malefic psychic disciplines, 12 psychic powers for Pskers of the Chaos Space Marines, and 3 Mark of Chaos psychic powers
– Artefacts of Chaos – 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines
– Warlord Traits for the Chaos Space Marines, including 7 specific to particular Legions
– Points values for every unit, weapon and piece of wargear for use if you are playing a matched play game, or a game that uses a points limit
– 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Chaos Space Marines
~ What are you most happy about in the new codex?