40K: Codex Chaos Space Marine Overview
Codex Chaos Space Marines (II) is here. Here’s our look inside the book!
Codex Chaos Space Marines is the first faction to get it’s second codex. It’s a mighty tome with 176 pages, and come alongside a massive release of 12 new kits. Let’s sit down and go through the new book.
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
This Book Contains:
– Lore and art exploring the history and goals of the Chaos Space Marines
– A showcase of beautifully painted miniatures
– 53 datasheets providing rules for using Chaos Space Marines in your games of Warhammer 40,000, including a datasheet for the Noctilith Crown scenery piece
– Profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Chaos Space Marines, including 5 different Chaos icons
– Legion Traits – specific special rules for the Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Emperor’s Children, and Renegade Chapters
– 24 unique Stratagems, including 7 specific to particular Legions
– Prayers to the Dark Gods: 6 prayers for any Chaos Space Marines with the Priest keyword and 4 Mark of Chaos prayers for those dedicated to a singular deity
– The Dark Hereticus and Malefic psychic disciplines, 12 psychic powers for Pskers of the Chaos Space Marines, and 3 Mark of Chaos psychic powers
– Artefacts of Chaos – 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines
– Warlord Traits for the Chaos Space Marines, including 7 specific to particular Legions
– Points values for every unit, weapon and piece of wargear for use if you are playing a matched play game, or a game that uses a points limit
– 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Chaos Space Marines
~ What are you most happy about in the new codex?