Come and join the BoLS crew as we take you through the new Salamander Codex Supplement and accompanying Data Cards.
The Salamanders Codex supplement is out, and that means everyone is burning with excitement to see how these flame boys do when they are turned loose on the Galaxy. This is one of the stronger supplements to come out, in our opinion, because the Salamanders are amazing at burninating everything that stands in their way.
As far as the content goes, it’s everything we’ve come to expect from a release. The Salamanders get their own section on special lore, a little on different units and paint schemes, and then the new rules for Vulkan He’Stan and Adrax Agatone, who sounds very much like a Citadel Paint color in and of himself. Agatone functions pretty solidly as a ‘lead from the front’ type character who can help support his own units up close, and has enough resilience to survive contact with the enemy. We’re fans of the Promethean Cult, which is the foundation for a number of cool tricks that the Salamanders can manage.
The Salamanders are among the noblest of the Adeptus Astartes, fighting without hesitation to defend those who cannot protect themselves. Yet this empathy belies an incredible determination in battle, for the Salamanders are masters of fire and fury, armed with masterwork wargear forged by their most skilled artificers. In this 64-page hardback codex supplement, you’ll find everything you need to unleash the Salamanders in battle, plus thrilling lore and art to inspire your own collection.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
– The history of the Salamanders, and how they unleash the molten fury of their volcanic world upon their foes with their devastating artisan wargear
– A detailed description of Chapter organisation and iconography
– A Salamanders bestiary with a detailed background for Forgefather Vulkan He’stan and Captain Adrax Agatone of the 3rd Company
– Rules for Vulkan He’stan and Captain Agatone
– A showcase of stunningly painted Citadel miniatures
– Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Tactical Objectives, Relics of Nocturne, the Promethean discipline, defining the ways that the Salamanders wage war
– And more!
Good luck, commanders!