Self isolating? Social distancing? Stuck at your house or apartment? Need something to fill the silence while you work from home? Here are some ass kicking movies available on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon right now to keep you entertained. Feel free to add your recommendations and where folks can find them in the comments!
- The Grandmaster – A different telling of Wing Chun grandmaster Ip Man’s story.
- Haywire – Gina Carano is a badass. Period.
- Tremors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 – They came from below to eat Kevin Bacon.
- The Night Comes For Us
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon – Fights, love, and beautiful cinematography.
- Headshot – Iko Uwais doing what Iko Uwais does best.
- Ip Man Trilogy: 1, 2, 3 – Donnie Yen tells the story of the Wing Chun grandmaster.
- Baahubali: The Beginning and The Conclusion – A clash filled saga from India.
- Bad Boys – Whatchu gonna do? Watch it.
- Avengement – If you like Guy Ritchie, this is for you.
- Free Fire
- Mission: Impossible Fallout – Giant stunts and an A+ bathroom fight.
- Bumblebee – It’s not Bay, but it has Bay level CG.
- Assassination Nation – Girls vs. The World
- The Blade of the Immortal – An undying warrior takes on an army; from Takashi Miike.
- Akira – The classic anime about biker gangs, youth, and nuclear war.
- Killer Joe
- The Wave – Norwegians vs. Lots and Lots of Water
- The Nightingale – A young woman seeks revenge in the wilds of Tasmania.
- The Man Who Killed Hitler & Then Bigfoot – Exactly as advertised, starring Sam Elliott.
- Overlord – This is no normal Nazi base.
- The Commuter – Liam Neeson doing what Liam Neeson does on a train.
- The Good, The Bad, The Weird
- Fist of Fury – Bruce Lee.
- Lord of War – Nic Cage.
- The Aggression Scale – Like Home Alone, but way more violent and bloody.